Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
941 - 960 of 1000 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Took the 2 reels apart they're absolutely like new inside, drags were perfect. I had ordered new drag washer kits for them but I'll just rat hole them for down the road. Put fresh grease and oil on them and stripped off the old mono. While looking in the box both had tubes of the original Diawa lube that came with them, the clamps and even found the receipt from where the original owner bought them new in 1987. I'm plumb tickled with this find!
Camera lens Camera accessory Cameras & optics Material property Eyewear

Font Road surface Tints and shades Grave Grass

Sewing machine Automotive exterior Gas Machine Auto part

·
Super Moderator
25,047 Posts
I did a 'welfare check' on Big Jim yesterday evening, he's not out of the woods yet with the COVID thing. His lungs are infected, and he has been put on ZPAK, which, hopefully will knock the infection out. His wife is better than he, but not totally out of the woods.

Cooling down on the dead-end road, you know where. Current temp is 63, with a high of 86. Overnight low of 58 with some wind out of the North today.

Blue Berries are getting ripe, but so far, none have been delivered to the Shanty just yet. The severely pruned Fig bushes are developing Figs (green ones that is). This past winter I pruned the Fig bushes way back because they were reaching heights of 12 to 14 feet, and I was not going to get on a step ladder to gather the fruit. Thus I didn't get my first crop because the fruit sets on new growth, which I have now aplenty. The second crop always has larger fruit than the first crop, but less Figs..

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Back home. 277 mile round trip. Took a half tank getting there. Drove 6 miles to the nearest station to top off tank @ $4.37 per gallon Saturday. Sat at the campsite Thursday and Friday evenings watching kids play at the basketball court. Lots of young teenaged girls that my granddaughters wouldn't play with. None of the girls were there Saturday night. Got some rain Friday afternoon and took a nap. Fished until dark, caught a few nice sized cats on red worms. A young boy was there, redid his line and cast it way out for him. He caught 2, gave his family all the fish. Saturday we spent the day at one of the beaches. The wind picked up making it hard to stay on a float.
We saw it was going to be hot while there and didn't pack any cool weather gear. This morning it was cooler outside than in the camper. Had to build a fire in the pit so I could sip my coffee.
That repair I did to the thin skin on the camper didn't hold. The side from the front edge to the slid out was bubbled out. I pulled over and put a few strips of duck tape around the corner and finished the interstate drive doing 55. Wasn't fun. Came home on a slower highway.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,616 Posts
Papa day was spent at a baby shower. For great grand daughter due August 10. Odd how they know what a baby is before it appears.

Looked at a local river ramp. Will not use it for awhile with little boat. One twind knocked several cottonwoods down. They cutback the ones on road. The two next to ramp came down mostly in water across ramp. May still be able to access it from an angle on down river side. But then it would also make for good fishing right at ramp.

10 tho to fix furnace ac for house. High efficiency. Might be a couple weeks yet tho.

Later

·
Super Moderator
25,047 Posts
Thar is an old saying, "It ain't over until the fat lady sings >>> New Omicron wave growing fast: ‘We were wrong to think Covid was over and vaccination is not enough’ (msn.com)

Nice sixty two degrees here with a high of eighty seven on the horizon, tad of wind out of the North, fair skies, so they say.

I fixed sausage milk gravy with hot biscuits for breakfast this AM.

Plenty of news here lately on my news feed of boating accidents, including some about boats and yachts catching on fire, plus drownings. Shame is, all of them could have been prevented.

941 - 960 of 1000 Posts