Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 1000 Posts

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
went to town and got chicken thighs...went back to town and got smokes and pop...
went back to town and got pizzahut...mike got his boat dock...it's HUGE...witha big
roof...the water came up in the cove just in time for him to put it next to his home
built dock...don't know how he anchored it...hope it stays put...SCATS...

·
Super Moderator
25,361 Posts
I think I've heard this before, but I can't recall how it turned out.
Just wondering, Mac, Have you ever been a recruiter for the military?
No Sir. I spent three years of my four year hitch outside of the good old US of A. I joined the NAVY to see the world and they didn't let me down. When people ask me about my military service, I tell them I was in the NAVY and the next thing they ask me is what ship were you on. I have to tell them I was only on one ship (five days) and traveled from Norfolk to Cuba and then was transported by an airplane to Roosvelt Naval Air base in PR, where I spent a little over two years, but traveled by air to other parts during dat time.

Little side note about my service. Being from the South and spending a lot of time on the farm, I had not been exposed to a lot of foods that city folks eat. I ate my first rib eye steak or any kind of beef until I joined the NAVY, nor had I drank fresh orange juice, pastries or SOS, and I could have done without (SOS).

Weather warnings around us from two to eight PM yesterday for Tornados, high winds, damaging hail and flood conditions and all of it went around us or petered out when it got to Lake Norman. When the shouting was all over, we might have gotten 1/100 of an inch of precip.

Today we have a 50% chance of scattered showers, mostly in the afternoon, high today around 83, with an overnight low of 61 degrees. Some wind out of the SW and mostly cloudy.

One of my fishing buddies dropped by for a visit and take me out for lunch. He had made some jigging spoons of different colors for me and some other terminal tackle he got from Bass Pro. I gave him some Bib lettuce, two small heads of Broccoli and some spring onions. I took a rain check on the lunch deal, was a tad dizzy and stomach was acting up and he wanted hot wings and I didn't want on part of dat.

Later Gators

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
While watching the auction I fitted this 7 AH battery in a small plastic ammo can. I cut up a foam pad so the battery doesn't move much. Made some 12 gauge wire leads through the lid with 1/4" female spade connectors on both ends.
Debbie made a fresh 2 gallon jug of tea yesterday and I had to much. Seems I was up every 20 minutes all night long. The foam riser takes up her half of the bed so Sasha and I have to share my half. That leaves me hanging onto the edge.
Matt called, going to have to cut our Bay Springs camp trip a day short. Daughter-in-law has an interview with the county school system 06/20. Key positions in the lunch nutrition programs will be open come fall. He can call now and remove that 1 day and it will cost $10 or leave a day early and lose $28.

·
Premium Member
6,547 Posts
Mac, I have to admit I just figured Navy folks spent the majority of their enlisted time aboard ship. I guess I learned different while sitting around the Legion visiting with Navy Vets after my Army enlistment. My past employer hired a retired 27 year Navy man as a dispatcher, 27 years and he had never been on ship, one of our 3 year Marine Vets had spent more time at sea.
Sunny day in south central IL. a little cool and breezy but as soon as it dries a little I am going to try to mow, got to go to town and buy some of that high priced fuel first though.
All my parents and grandparents have passed but my mother in law is still living so we will go visit with her tomorrow late morning early afternoon then our kids and grandkids will come to our place to celebrate Mother's Day with the wife late afternoon. It goes without saying but if you still have a living mother, grandmother take the time to let them know you really do appreciate them.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
i was calling tater and richard came over to see if i needed help...he has kelly's trailer
and is headed to echlind's to get a screen door and some rebar...he asked me to help
him unload ina hour so i said sure thing...mike is gone so i shaved and gave the kids
their biscuits...wonder where mike is off to...SCATS...

·
Horse-MON
23,812 Posts

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
mike came home with some groceries wich i helped him unload...he gotta ribeye loin...
gunna cut his own steaks...beef...it's what's for supper...richard pulled in and me and
mike unloaded his rebar...mike hurt coa-coa tripping over her but she's okay...lola was
peeing...richard took kelly's trailer back as he was leaving for town...tonya sent me home
a burrito as it was a mess-up mistake wich i ate after having a piece of pizza...they musta
been hungry as there were only 5-slices left...mike asked richard if he wanted two ribeyes
for him and ginger and he said sure and thanks...64-degrees headed for 72-degrees...
SCATS...

1 - 20 of 1000 Posts