Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
381 - 400 of 592 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,468 Posts
Me oh my, we got a bad forecast for Saturday thru Monday >>> First Alert: Winter Storm Watch issued for mix of snow, sleet, freezing rain Saturday night into Sunday (msn.com) . We are above Charlotte so most likely we will get snow and some icy conditons.

In my latest video I failed to mention the number of drift weighs I got from the drain tube I cut up, number was seven. The Squaw thought it was disgusting thing fer me to do.

Had one of those dreams that you can't get out of. People were stealing everything, even cigs laying around or cig lighters. I got up a tad earlier this AM to check my supply and lite one up.:)

·
Horse-MON
22,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #383 ·
31, Mac we got the mail yesterday afternoon, this morning had a email,, package delivered usps?? What? In the wrong box? Went out an looked n sure enough two, 2, packages in the mail box???
Had to be after dark, mail twice in one day?? Am I dreaming??

Years back there was a guy on here had a video of two pair of pliers and made his own tru turn hooks, that will work with a wire hook but not spring steel as it will break, I've been known to fool with ma crappie hooks. LOL

Gill fillets for dinner today.

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
shaved...did business...didn't eat...mike took off again...
he complains to tonya that he doesn't have any money
and wants some of hers...he called in monday too...
megamillions draws tonight for 325m(224.1m cash)...
time for p.c.h. SCATS...

·
Administrator
Chattanooga TN
200 Posts
I still have my big skillet, fry fish in it outdoors. Guy over on the west side of Iowa has or use to have a collection.
Feast your eyes on the world's largest cast iron skillet weighing 14,000 lbs. in Tennessee
South Pittsburg is just down the road form us. My wife and I drive down there two or three times a month to grab some lunch and eat down by the river side. Lodge has some good buys especially, if you look in the seconds department. There may be one little spec and they will sell it for a second. I-59 is the highway coming in from Alabama.

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
went to tacobell and ate...went to beth's and gassed up...played$10 scratch
cards...bout ten won 85$...gave jessica(tiny) a ten and a five and got my
hundred dollar bill back...didn't win the 500...mike is gone to get his check
and put it in the bank...tater and bean peed...snowstorm supposed to come
in the morning...SCATS...

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Yea Keith she was a trip. She was tiny, needed help and was on a few meds. Her son bought 2 used campers, brought them there with plans to fix up for use or sell. Been there so long that they are hiding in the tall grass. Both kids live in cities, bring their kids and they drop tissue down the toilet. The way she talked she didn't have a tank. It all dumped in the pond and she had to fish the paper out. She planed to visit her dad in Des Moines and wanted to know if I would go with her. I'm thinking, I don't plan on coming to see you.
Went to Sardis spillway yesterday. The bite was slow and I didn't get the first. A strong west wind blew up the channel, got me chilled so I drove to the other side to watch. The wind was calm again. 2 guys on the point were catching 10 to 12 inch crappie and released them all. I may go back today and try that spot. I stopped at M&M on the way down to get my stuff. Nope, the original bidder decided they wanted all.
I watched Porky's zoom auction when I got home, didn't buy anything. Asked about my missing ammo, it hasn't been found.
After the auction was over I went to Utube to watch westerns. I got into the first movie and at 12 minutes the video stopped. I could go back to the beginning but it would stop at the same place. Opened another window to view another website. Nope, not connected to internet. I checked network settings. Yep, I connected. Checked with Debbie, yep the tv and her table works. I try to reset my wifi connection, keeps coming back wrong password. I gave up and went to bed.
This morning I find the same problems on the laptop. After a while of checking network settings I see in large letters I have a Chrome update to do. I click on it, it asked for my password. When I set this laptop up it never got to password settings. I enter myself as guest. I'm back online. Now I check my password settings for all the websites I go to, it's empty. Good thing I wrote them down in the notebook.

50 feels like 50, ESE 6 mph wind.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Jim, the last time we camped at Harrison Bay we came Hwy 72 through AL. We stopped at a rest area on I-24 and picked up a few coupons from Lodge. 10" skillet for $5 with purchase. The next day we made 5 purchases at Lodge. I found a campfire dutch oven in the seconds department for half of showroom price. I told the girl it was going to be a gift and she found the box for it.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,374 Posts
Did not know snow can come out of sky straight down. Saw that abit ago. Looked kinda purty. Thought snow only came down at an extreme angle to ground. Now if the sleet had not come down after the sun kinda rose behind clouds.

Might have found a 1448 jon with 9.9 on it.

Dont think Izzy will be that bad. Only at most 8 to 12 inches of the white stuff. If it continues to just come straight down there will not be 7 to 10 foot drifts to plow out.

Later

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Me and the bunch are up and about. Had bacon tater soup could only eat a small bowl used to eating 3. Woke up this morning stove up bad, fed cows came in took a hot shower loosened up some. Be glad when this all shakes out of me.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,374 Posts
Snow coming down normal now, sideways.

Saw a covid test that sounded good for some folks. Crack open a beer, if you can smell it, then you ok. Can you taste it, then you ok if yes. Repeat. If headache next day, repeat testing.

Then got to thinking that not all can drink. So came up with another test. Make some bean and onion soup. Eat a couple bowls. After a couple hours if others are complaing of smell then you know they ok. If you cannot stand yourself, then you ok.

Later

·
Registered
Neill from NW Arkansas
1,696 Posts
Forecast for tomorrow is 2-4 inches of snow. It about time! Went to town to make groceries and every place was jam packed. It will probably melt off within a day but you'd think that were preparing for nuclear winter. Lots of empty spaces on shelves. :)

·
Premium Member
24,468 Posts
Neill, are the new glasses doing the job fer U ?

The Biden Administration says the N95/KN95 mask are better for you against the current virus than the cloth mask. Keef said so, many moons ago.

Troy, glad you and the family are coming out of the crude. problems.

"Might have found a 1448 jon with 9.9 on it."
Bill, my first boat was a used Jon boat with a 9.9 HP Evinrude.. What I liked about it was dat I could work on the engine, but I found that it wasn't good against a strong wind, it would not let the bow stay on course. I paid $350 for it and sold it three years later for hundred bucks more than I paid fer it.

My small spot on this planet is at the cutoff line for mainly snow or some snow with up to 1/2 inch of ice.

381 - 400 of 592 Posts