Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 549 Posts

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
finished off the pie...tonya and puppy are gone...where i dunno...
bean and ladybug hadda pee and ladybug crapped...the drawing
for megamillions went upto 187m...powerball draws tonight for 373m
time for p.c.h. SCATS...

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
Mornin' y'all. Bright, crisp & cool 2nd day of winter finds us skippin' day 2 of work to sit on hospital parking lot waiting for a crumb of info on the new grandbaby (#2). Born early this mornin' by emergency c-section, they saying he's a chunk. This excited Granna can't wait to lay eyes on the lil feller. Hope y'alls day is as blessed as ours is so far.
Ramble on!!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Debbie didn't feel like shopping yesterday. I went to 7 stores to get all she wanted.
On the way home I picked up six 5 gallon paint buckets that are about half full. Figure out where to put the paint when I clean them out.
I hear that Dollar Tree will be just another dollar store soon if they don't close first.
Special zoom auction at 6 last night. I got some toys called Poop-a-con for .50. It one of those toys wrapped in a plastic egg looking container. My girls were talking about it at Thanksgiving. Farm Pro 5/30 motor oil $2 per quart, got 2 cases. New case of oil has 6 quarts. The last time I bought plastic quarts of oil there were 12 per case. The last time I bought cans there were 24.
I watched a Utube western made in 1937 last night. The young lady looked like someone I've seen that lives near my cousin. I looked at her google search profile. Born 1930, Paragould, AR. The photos matched, but she was more like 18 to mid 20's in the movie. Something isn't right. My cousin lives in Paragould and the lady could pass as a twin to the movie star.
Headed out to get a load of sawdust soon.
46 feels like 41, NE 9 mph wind.

·
Horse-MON
22,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cane how many stores are there that have dollar in their name???

Bill all my big fish hooks are short shank off set no matter the brand. The bait holder hooks are all off set. The little gold mustad, #8 n #10 are not off set. Yes I have used circle hooks but the way I fish and what I fish for I have no need for them.

Good luck Grandma!!

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
mike got home at noon...he got tonya an electric blanket and an electric
cover called a "throw"...it has foot pockets in it...i carried the roomba
to the house and he wrapped it...he's napping on the couch now...
i went to beth's and got smokes and pop...SCATS...i plan on eating a
couple chicken thighs for supper...mike is making cabbage and kielbasa...
SCATS...

·
Premium Member
24,458 Posts

·
Administrator
Chattanooga TN
194 Posts
Mornin' y'all. Bright, crisp & cool 2nd day of winter finds us skippin' day 2 of work to sit on hospital parking lot waiting for a crumb of info on the new grandbaby (#2). Born early this mornin' by emergency c-section, they saying he's a chunk. This excited Granna can't wait to lay eyes on the lil feller. Hope y'alls day is as blessed as ours is so far.
Ramble on!!
That is fantastic Punkin, I hope baby and mama are doing good. Do I see that spoilin look in your eye? lol
I know you and Hershell are some happy gran folk today. Congratulations to mama and Dad.

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
Arg last day at work for the week, got a hangover, few to many beers. Stayed up till 7:30 am. Looks like I would know better by now. Got the wife’s Christmas present the other day. It’s a self heating under jacket. She should never complain about being cold hunting again 😆.

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
200 years ago hand forged iron wire hooks was common for fishing in North America. Carved bone and wood hooks was still used as well. Gorges were common and used by natives. There was some factory’s that produced industrial fish hooks during the steam power age.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,370 Posts
Suposed to be a tad chilly going into the next year. Single didgets for highs. Will make for better ice fishing. Not me tho. Listened to the local fishing report today. Some have been ice fishing.

Still kinda remember being out all night drinking and girl catching then grabing an hour or so nap and going to work. Headach and all. Ahhh the youngun days.

Snow been melting away. Might not have a white xmas. Mid to high 40s next couple days.

Do not think you are over the hill when the gson introduses you to his wife. Then he tells you be ready to be a ggparent. Time flys. Oh, a zebco 202 is still a good starter rod reel. The gkids are also good for bait catching. Congrats.

Later

·
Premium Member
Southeast mo Mississippi river
1,016 Posts
Arg last day at work for the week, got a hangover, few to many beers. Stayed up till 7:30 am. Looks like I would know better by now. Got the wife’s Christmas present the other day. It’s a self heating under jacket. She should never complain about being cold hunting again 😆.
Font Circle

·
Premium Member
24,458 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Keith, I wouldn't really know that. The big stores I know of are Dollar General, Family Dollar, Dollar Tree and 5 Below. Like yesterday's drive home from Midtown Memphis I saw a few others. I don't know how big of a chain store they are, Dollar Mart, Everything's a Dollar, Penny Pincher and Dollarramom. Plus we have a few of those gaylord container stores. The price per item will be high on Friday, $7 or $8 and reduce the price daily until Wednesday where an item is $1. Closed Thursday to restock. One is called Crazy Deals with locations in West Memphis, AR, Horn Lake, MS and in east Memphis.

I got 2 1/2 bags of sawdust and 2 trashcans of scrapped wood. 2 of the guys left so production is down. Mostly new wood instead of the salvaged wood is being used. One guy is working part time and in the field while one guy is making repairs to old items in the shop. I checked on oak to be used on the school project. If I get it now it will cost, if I wait it will be free.
I usually stop at Jack Pirtle's Kentucky Fried Chicken for a liver snack to eat on the way home. They had a fire, closed now. Had to drive to Whitehaven to get one.
I watched the last 45 minutes of the 1 pm zoom auction, didn't buy anything. Debbie made another list so I headed to the store. Lots of empty spaces on the shelves. She's adding to the list now so another run to the store soon.

62 feels like 62, S 15 mph wind. It's going to be a hot weekend.

1 - 20 of 549 Posts