Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
941 - 960 of 1000 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I carried a load of scrap to the dealer. Mainly the fridge in the computer room. She said $34.10, I said keep the dime. Then I went to the small metal's shop and asked for lead. Got this one piece, 1/8X8" in a roll that's 22 lbs. Back to the lady to pay, $4.30, just make it $4.
While we sit outside Sasha hunts and eats all the Cicadas she can find. Bruce holds them in his month as they buzz. Sasha barks at him to bring it to me. Fawn lays her pawn on them while they buzz. Bats them across the patio when they stop buzzing.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Not a lot going on worked Saturday, Went teal hunting-scouting Sunday morning till noon. Was up over 23 hrs. Did laundering Sunday evening. Slept a lot Sunday day afternoon. Back at vork Monday. Same ol same ol. Taking Wednesday off to teal hunt the front.

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
1,262 Posts
Kieth,
He didnt make it.

To promote health and wellness corporate provided a grant to each division. Our prez decided to build a walking trail thru the woods. Had some guys with a bobcat cut a trail thru the woods. Got to figure out what to put down on it. I went and measured it yesterday. Turned into a nice morning walk. Saw a couple of turkeys, a doe & fawn.

Grilled some chicken breast last night. Made corn on the cab and baked beans to go with.
Plant Mushroom Terrestrial plant Natural landscape Biome

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
That piece of lead is 1/8" thick, 9 1/4" wide, 57" long. I cut 8 pieces 5 1/4" and 3 pieces 5" long. They will stack in the crate with a few more pieces of pure lead. Can be folded to fit in a production pot.
Headed out with a freezer to the scrap dealer then pick up my stuff at the auction house.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,221 Posts
Had some old cheap hooks as a preteener. A good sized xarp took my 2 kernals of corn and run. Got it close to bank. That is how I knew it was carp, maybe 10lbs. Then it pulled loose. Hook had straighted out. Think it was one of those hooks in a rod, reel, and tackle packages. Gave the rest away. From then on made sure had a spare pack of eagle claw snelled in my pocket.

Temps have finnally moderated. Tomorow tho winds back up to normal 30 mph. Yep, white caps. Or for some a fast drift.

Thought at one time one of the reasons our winds are so is the lack of trees. We used to know where cyotes would mass up. The one tree in county. LOL. Now I know it because this is known as "fly over country".

Later

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #951 ·
fed the deer...tonya got corn again...rained on mike grilling chops...
had peas anda nuked tater to go with...megamillions draws tonight
for 383m...bean ate today...hope she is over the trots...SCATS...
let you know the results at midnight...

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I went out and turned the Mosquito Sentry on. Got the power light, but couldn't get the timer set. Finally got it on the second misting setting and still no timer. When on there should be 3 lights. I went after dinner, when I got home only the power light was blinking. I turned it off and let sit while eating. Tried it again. It will only mist while I hold the button in. Take it back tomorrow for a refund.

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,303 Posts
Been busy lately. Ive been able to read your posts once a day of I'm lucky. I'm running like crazy between feeding animals at our house which is 12.5 miles from where we are currently living and doing homeschooling with one kid and taking care of one kid that got covid last week, and another kid doing HS baseball. Makes me feel like I don't have time for anything for me. But that's life I guess. Fishing.....what's that again I forgot. I'm going to need to start watching videos on how to do it so I can learn again. Well it's time to hit the hay so I can be up at 5:00 to get son up for baseball practice. And drive him there.....

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
1,262 Posts
Mac i watched that video,
It looked like that hook came out of the fishes mouth to me. I guess they could have staged it. I dont think that fish weighed 80 pounds either. More like 45 - 50.

Ive had that happen a couple of time while striper fishing. Using small baits and small hooks. They got off most of the time.

It was a pretty slow day at work Monday. Yesterday made up for it. In the morning i couldnt get one emergency done for another poping up. The morning flat disappeared.

While rambiling around in the mountains Saturday i came across some chestnut trees. Theres two stumps. They have the blight. So the sprouts shoot up until they get 1 - 2" in diameter and then they die. Bear took out this one before its short time got there.

Plant Fruit Botany Twig Tree

Plant Terrestrial plant Wood Twig Natural landscape

·
Registered
Neill from NW Arkansas
1,466 Posts
My morning news had a Field & Stream article about a fellow in South Georgia that caught a 1lb 7oz bluegill---new state record. Seemed small to me for a southern state. I'm sure I've caught bigger in Louisiana. So, out of curiosity I looked up a list of states and their bluegill records and it shows Georgia's record at 3lb and change. This has me scratching my head. I didn't think a 1-1/2lb gill was all that big or I wouldn't have looked it up.

941 - 960 of 1000 Posts