RAMBLING #164 Like odd bubbles in the bait tank ¿

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by cheapNdisgusting, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    First i am only posting what they have for the area this study was conducted in. If read the report a person would see that. What works in one area wont always work in another. different growing season lengths from area to area state to state. what works for me wonk work on the other side of the valley from me. just like what works for say mac wont work here different climate different soils etc.

2. twaskom

twaskom Well-Known Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    Keith, you are correct of course but if you look at the date at the bottom, that pic was from 2007. That is all grass now.

3. vortex

vortex Twirlygig

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Luke
    Right, I get that. I'm just sayin it seems awful low is all.

4. CatBassin'

CatBassin' Well-Known Member

State:
    Harmony, NC
    Name:
    Garrett
    Hello ramblers. Hope everyone is doing good.

Well we finally went out today and got a couple fish for the aquarium and Monster couldn't be happier. She just sits in front of the tank and talks to them.

Mrs. Taylor decided the living room needed to be a different color so I spent the most of the day painting. I hate painting so I had a blast.

I've got tomorrow off since a guy at work wanted an extra shift. I think I'm gonna try and get some fishing done but first I've got things around here that I've got to do. With my long work weeks I don't get much time to get things done around the house. Hopefully I'll get everything done and get in some fishing time.

Well it's bedtime. Y'all be good.

The most money ever paid for a cow in an auction was $1.3 million.

5. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member

State:
    Zalma Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Don't raise tomatoes. But I do grow turnips. Here are three deer trying to eat the turnip patch in the front yard.
    three deer.jpg

6. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    you figure out what was wrong with your sound?

7. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member

State:
    North Caro
    Good morning from Lake Norman and it's a really good morning fer me. Both pulleys have been removed from the old engine on my Troy Bilt Horse. Today I will pressure wash the frame and maybe start reassembling everything except the new engine which is due this Thursday. I'm thinking about putting new tires and wheels on the tiller, dat should help the economy a tad.

Art called while I was trying to get the forward pulley off and said he needed a favor. He pulled a Cheap on me and got his Ford tractor with the bush hog on it stuck down next to his creek. Told him I would be glad to help, but I needed a tad of help myself and I asked him if he had a pulley puller and he said yes. Thus we got the tractor out of the area close to the creek and Art got the pulley off. Thus for once, the stars were in alignment.

Meanwhile, back on the dead end road along the shores of Lake Norman, I find myself facing another Monday and with that action, dat means I've got domestic chores for the next three days. But have no fear, I can handle it.

Production in a home garden varies too much due to internal and external factors, such as too much rain, not enough rain, too hot at the start of the growing season or too cold at the start of the growing season, fertilizer (too much or too little), PH off a tad, lack of bees and on and on.

Later Gators

8. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    hello folks.
    wife just ran in and hollared some things in my chickens.jumped out a bed grabed my gun sliped on my crocks and away i went.to late what ever it was,coon more than likely,hag already got a chicken and gone.all it left was the head.one of my wifes prety little show bantys.rut row wife says its back,it was a big old possume go figure.one thing bout it tho he want be getting another chicken.laters guys and gal.

9. Keith Mette

Keith Mette Horse-MON

State:
    Palmyra,Mo
    Oh what fun in the hot sun.
    The law of averages. You bet your bippy, why you got patty o maters, determinate, long season , short season, commercial bred ta be same size same day, n on it goes. Made for good conversation tho, stimulate the wittle gray cells. LOL
    Take your average rain fall, don't mean squat if you didn't get any.
    They crying out west, got too much dry grass from all the rain earlier, caught a fire, cows would a took care a that, but, it's too late now.

Tuna my leafs are green not curly, no blight. Did pick one horny were so far.

10. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    Happy AM and/or BS
    There both in abundance here...LOL

Matter worm count is up to 22 now.
    It's been 5 or 4 years since I had any.....go figure

Gota work at da dog food plant today.

11. boswifedeb

boswifedeb Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Happy Manic Monday, my merry men. 65* going to 90* today. Poor Bo will probably be in the baccy patch with a hoe. Not great for the back but they could care less. Karma will pay them a visit one day.

Supper tonight will be bacon, eggs, and big ole cat head biscuits. Y'all are welcome as always.

Gotten a lot done already. Swept, ran the rug sucker, and put the water on. We don't drink the water here until it's been boiled. It's like drinking bleach otherwise. I try to keep 2 gallons of tea and 2 gallons of water in the fridge.

Still have to change the bed, start the wash, and clean out the fridge. Hate cleaning the fridge. Hurts my back.

Anyway, hope y'all have a goodun and somebody gets to go fishing. Hook a biggun! Laters!

12. cheapNdisgusting

State:
    Zalma Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    HUH?

Nope, but it werks after a total re-boot.

13. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member

State:
    North Caro
    It was your turn to have them Sir ~~~~~, I ain't got none, so far, but as you know I don't see too good :roflmao:

I've already picked 200 pounds of maters :rolleyes1: this morning, prepared them and now they are in a couple of quart bags :bruised: in the freezer.

Remember boys and girls, you can believe some of what your read on the NET, but only a tad of what you read on this thread, of course unless it's a fishing report :rolleyes:

14. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    good i was wonderin iffen you got it workin or not.

15. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    Albert Einstein was once axed how it feels to be the smartest man,
    He said, I don't know, you'll have to ax Nikola Tesla...
    And you thought it would be CH.....LOL

16. vortex

vortex Twirlygig

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Luke

Well, this is going to smoke the fat one. It's like we're visiting muttley or somethin. I'm thinkin he shoulda kept it to himself out there. :D

17. cheapNdisgusting

State:
    Zalma Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Good morning bubbles, bubblers, and lactose intolerant people.

Yesterday evening I observed another reason there will never be a space shuttle named after *** *** [actual name is not disclosed for my own protection].

We have a pedestal fan in the family room with a pull thing on it that lets you chose oscillation or still. [fancy huh?] The unnamed person decided she wanted it to blow directly in her direction, got up, stood directly behind the fan, waited impatiently for it to rotate in the direction she wanted, and then pulled the knob thing up to stop it from rotating. Sadly the perfect direction was missed by a couple degrees so [the unnamed person] pushed the knob back down and waited impatiently for the fan to get to the proper angle and pulled the knob back up again.

This is when I had a severe case of temporary insanity and better judgment went right out the window. I commented "would you like for me to show you a little trick?". I got up and turned the whole fan (pedestal - base - fan) a couple degrees which changed it's direction WITHOUT using the little knob thing or waiting for the fan to rotate to the perfect position.

I felt the stink eye almost
    immediately.

Won't do that again in the near future. Or maybe - probably - very likely - what was I saying?

18. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    keef you cant please a lot of the idiots out here just like every wheres ilse if they aint complainin they aint happy. I hope we have another extremely we winter this year. now if the idiots that wont clear around their homes by 100+ feet still dont next spring i feel they should be charged for the firefighting efforts to save their house. after all it dont take that long and once done its simple to keep it up.

19. vortex

vortex Twirlygig

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Luke

Heck, before reading the story I figured it would be from the space shuttle program being canceled, and it ended with the stank eye. :D

I do that too sometimes.

Did I ever tell y'all about the time we were watching a program on the hubble telescope? Wife wanted to know how it could capture images of black holes without being sucked in itself.

She had to pick my jaw up off the floor. I couldn't even muster a response to that one.

20. Keith Mette

Keith Mette Horse-MON

State:
    Palmyra,Mo
    PERFECT>
    it was cloudy and we got done before the sun came out!!!! Ye haas.

I've seen a few blac, never mind.