Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramblin vol 194....wet smoking

98K views 988 replies 26 participants last post by  Mac-b 
#1 ·
#242 ·
I had a visit with Matt the PA to my neuro surgeon to get my MRI results on my back. I walked in and he said "I feel like giving you a hug", since he knows my history of 24 previous surgeries and is very carrying I knew it couldn't be the best news. I just has a second back fusion 2 1/2 years ago. So apparently I have a ligament that is wedging in my spinal canal and nerve space. Because insurance is a pain I have to go through back injections first but I meet with my neurosurgeon in one month to discuss surgery options.

#243 ·
Justin,
Sorry to hear about your back. Are all 24 back surgeries?

One of the few things i miss about physically driving to work every day. Is the 4 big sweeping curves going up the mountain. Sometimes you just have to blow the dust out of the engine so to speak.:wink1:

Mac,
Your in bad need of a fishing partner.

#247 ·
Mac,
Your in bad need of a fishing partner.
I've got that all figured out, here is my game plan, if and when I can safely get in and out of the LUND and my health gets better. I'm going to offer two to three hour educational fishing trips for one person at a time. My charge will be $75 to $100 (cash), those that hire me will do all the fishing and while he or she is doing dat. I will cover all the do's and don't of fishing and water safety, why certain things work a high percentage of the time and, how to tie certain knots and why some are better than others in certain situation, on and on. He or she will be video taped bringing in their catch, if they so want. Believe it or not, back in the day I offer a similar deal, but the fee was a tad higher, to those that wanted to get into tournament fishing, some shined in their endeavors and other placed, but they could still hold their heads high.

How bout dat !!

#245 ·
Mac,
I never put in the time you have but I should remember. Was a merchant seaman when I was 16 and 17. Spent very little time on deck. I was a black gang wiper. Didn't hate it, the pay was good, but I missed the parties and girls back home. Decided to work in shipyards, still good money but I got more girlfriend time.:smile1:
A spinal infection several years ago damaged my memory. I still have the memories but when I need them I can't pull them up. It can be frustrating but it is what it is.
I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with tremors. I have just about recovered from the medication I was on and am starting to get some things done around here, much to Sweet Wife's relief.

#248 ·
Mac. B.:
I have gone over your symptoms and have come up with a proper diagnosis.

OPINION #1:
Severe fishing withdrawal. Usual causes are because of trouble navigating gunwales on vessels designed for young people.

Recommended remedy: The squaw's pontoon boat. No gunwales involved - just a simple gate usually at the same elevation as the dock. Full guard rails around the perimeter and plenty of seating.

OPINION #2:
Stop eating anything that tastes like anti-freeze.

OPINION #3:

You are ugly.

Recommended remedy: Wear a mask.

OPTIONAL BONUS FOR OPINION #1:
The educational fishing tour is a good idea, however, with the pontoon boat you can take as many students as you wish. The recommended number is six (6) @ $100 = $600 Benjamins per trip.
You will probably need a 1st. mate so when you provide a round trip airline ticket for me I will put my busy schedule on hold and help out pro-bono.

Glad I could help.

#249 ·
OPTIONAL BONUS FOR OPINION #1:
The educational fishing tour is a good idea, however, with the pontoon boat you can take as many students as you wish. The recommended number is six (6) @ $100 = $600 Benjamins per trip.
You will probably need a 1st. mate so when you provide a round trip airline ticket for me I will put my busy schedule on hold and help out pro-bono.
No way you can teach six fishermen at the same time, because they will not pay full action to what you are saying, because of what someone else is doing or saying. As always, I appreciate you trying to help me out.

#261 ·
I think I've mentioned that I've been having chills off and on thru out the day, well yesterday I found out why. For the past week or so I've been noticing some blood clots in my urine, so yesterday I went to the lab to get a urine test and it came back positive for an infection and it showed I had some blood in my urine. If ya'll will recall, I had my bladder cancer screening several weeks ago and the URO did a cystoscope on me and most likely this is where the problem got started. Over the last ten years I've had several dozen of these exams without an infection, so I was lucky. For the next seven days I will be on CIPRO to kill the infection. Most likely this is what has been holding back my full recovery from the Lung/Heart deal.

Yesterday I extended my morning walk from 1/4 mile to 1/3 of a mile and my heartbeat only went up eight beats, similar to what it normally did on the 1/4 mile trip, with the increase still within the normal range for my heartbeat for my age group.

Troy, dat was an intriguing deal you offered. You are in a class weigh wise, 80 pounds, that I've never reach, highest being 69.5 pound and several in the mid 60's range.

#269 ·
I think I've mentioned that I've been having chills off and on thru out the day, well yesterday I found out why. For the past week or so I've been noticing some blood clots in my urine, so yesterday I went to the lab to get a urine test and it came back positive for an infection and it showed I had some blood in my urine. If ya'll will recall, I had my bladder cancer screening several weeks ago and the URO did a cystoscope on me and most likely this is where the problem got started. Over the last ten years I've had several dozen of these exams without an infection, so I was lucky. For the next seven days I will be on CIPRO to kill the infection. Most likely this is what has been holding back my full recovery from the Lung/Heart deal.

Yesterday I extended my morning walk from 1/4 mile to 1/3 of a mile and my heartbeat only went up eight beats, similar to what it normally did on the 1/4 mile trip, with the increase still within the normal range for my heartbeat for my age group.

Troy, dat was an intriguing deal you offered. You are in a class weigh wise, 80 pounds, that I've never reach, highest being 69.5 pound and several in the mid 60's range.
Get well soon Mac. The weather is finally getting where we want it.

#265 ·
I got to the auction last night early so I could grab some pallets to cut up for firewood. I picked up a chrome metal clothes display rack with 1 broke wheel. It has 1" and 3/4" square tube with buttons for height adjustment. If you can fabricate or have someone make something with it send me a pm for measurements. A phone number for pictures. Just pay shipping. I'll cut where you say to.

#272 ·
25 year old plastic gets brittle. Then try to replace it. Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. A couple hatches on popup the door tabs broke. One part fit, the other, nope. Guess keep gorilla tapeing it till solution. Just dont look at it. If ya do not like it, you fix it.

Some folks always bought the finest looking used cars. A month later they replaceing the engine. I would buy the one one with dent in door, rusted badly, etc. Drive it for 50 tho mile or more, then replace it.

A bit chilly this morn. But now got plants back outside. 28 degrees. Next weekend maybe high 80s. South Dakota.

Got camper ready, boat bats on charger. Catch walleyes for suppers, kitties for fun.

Later

#275 ·
Knew a guy many years, bless his sole. A ww2 vet. He would get shakes sometimes. He liked to suspend jig fish. The shakes seemed to hit him for 5 or ten minutes about every thirty. He would catch a walleye about every time they hit him. He had a string on pole to his belt as sometimes pole got yanked away. Really nice man. He taught me alot as I was only 10 years old then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.