The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

161 - 180 of 470 Posts

·
Administrator
10,418 Posts
That back hoe can be easily fixed with a chop saw and a little Rust-i-lium.

Keith is right again, just swing that bucket and ....Walaa. But thinking now and doing then are two different things.

Sorry to hear about your buddy TomH. I have a middle aged one that stayed right with me unless I get in a vehicle. He is not a fan of modern age travel.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
In an effort to keep from going insane tryed to fish. Ma and I were gonna kinda picnic and fish. Mother Nature decided otherwise. Cast lines out. After about 20 minutes of that decided it was to much trouble. 30 plus winds just no fun. Came back home.

Later

·
Registered
882 Posts
A little late with the report from Saturday. Took the boat out and tried to fish but the first stop my anchors was for my 17' boat and wouldn't hold my 20' boat so we just tried to drift with the wind but the wind was swirling so it kept spinning the boat and crossing the lines so we decided to cruise around the lake and let wife try starting it and driving.
Had to leave early my dad came up with carpet to put in over my original so it doesn't get it all slimy. He picked it up from a friend who owns a carpet business for $110 for the whole piece instead o $28.99 per yard. It's not necessarily the color I would choose but it's end of the season and places aren't stocking outdoor carpet so I was lucky to get this. But to cut it out and trim it in the right confines o the boat did my body in. I slept all day Sunday.
On Tuesday I go in for mri on my back to see why it's hurting so bad. Dr thinks I may have slipped a disk, I hope not I don't need another surgery.

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
674 Posts
Yep, he could have slapped the tree right outta the way. He was too far away to start with. Ran out of reach was the cause.
When it comes to felling trees. You gotta treat them like there going to kill you every second. It happens every year.

Had a bear within 30 yards Saturday. It was behind some brush and winded me. Pic is from a bear climbing the tree and eating acorns. They bite the limbs off. Eat all the acorns and drop the limb. Repeat

20200926_112340.jpg

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Got a reply over night. They want me to keep what was sent and refund $13.50
No, I want the saw or a refund of 67.53 into my paypal account.
They can send a mailing label for this thing.
I filed a complaint with pay pal and got a new reply from China. 40%, $27.50 refunded and I can keep this stuff I can't use. I can pay to have it shipped for a full refund. Wonder what that will cost. I have until Oct 14th.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sorry to hear that Jimmy. I do not buy stuffs from overseas unless they are dirt cheap, like couple of bucks, so if things goes bad, I do not lose a lot. I do use Paypal and pay with my credit card for protection.

I try to go to this lake near my house every so often just to find some quiet time. This morning was a bit cold, so I was moving slower and bit lazy. I did not get my usual 9ft rods + rod holder + 2lbs hammer out of the car. I instead used my son's Ugly Stick GX2. Got my bait soaking, and just placed the rod on the ground since I was using a float.

I was just walking around a bit, and was maybe about 10ft away from the rod when this big bird (egrets?) walk near the rod and decided to fly away. In the process it manage to get its foot tangled on my line. The bird got really excited and keep trying to fly away, and drag the light rod into the water. I gave chased, manage to grab the rod, tighten the drag, and played tug a war for maybe a minute before it manage to fly away. Then it hit me that I was knee deep in water (and mud).

So much for trying to enjoy quiet morning. And next time, I am not going to be lazy, definitely will have my rod in rod holder, that is secured into the ground.

·
Premium Member
23,481 Posts
When I was guiding, I purchased all my hooks from >>> https://hagensfish.com/. I purchased 1,000 hooks at a time at a little over ten cents a piece and swivels (500) at a cost of five or six cents. Hooks were Eagle Claw (5/0). A thousand hooks would last me about five years. The have other stuff. Why so many hooks, I changed out my hooks prior to taking a party out each and every time. If an item is not shown on the web site, get the stock number and name of the item and brand name and they will get them for you at a cost, but cost is less than what your would pay retail.

·
Registered
109 Posts
When I was guiding, I purchased all my hooks from >>> https://hagensfish.com/. I purchased 1,000 hooks at a time at a little over ten cents a piece and swivels (500) at a cost of five or six cents. Hooks were Eagle Claw (5/0). A thousand hooks would last me about five years. The have other stuff. Why so many hooks, I changed out my hooks prior to taking a party out each and every time. If an item is not shown on the web site, get the stock number and name of the item and brand name and they will get them for you at a cost, but cost is less than what your would pay retail.
I got 100 size 2/0 circle hooks for $8 (8 cents per hook) on eBay a couple months ago. Seller is in the US. I am honestly not seeing a difference in hook up rate compare to Gamakatsu, but I am fishing small cats so maybe it does not matter in my situation.

161 - 180 of 470 Posts