The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

141 - 160 of 605 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Lucky me I get to go to the dmv today. I don't know how it is for y'all but here you have you to go online and schedule an appointment with them which if your lucky it's in the same week you want to go. And then you get there and it's still backed up. What a process.
But I need my boat registered

High of 87 low of 51. Going to get a little cool down but no rain in sight.

·
Registered
Mark from Bartlesville OK
1,618 Posts
Cheap glad to see you survived. Get well.

Mac prayers your way for Ma.

Spent the night at the lake. Jugs in the water. My brother and uncle are on the way. Then more jugs. Hope not to clean too many fish. Cleaning fish is a four letter word.

Pics later.

·
Administrator
10,497 Posts
Justin, Indiana is the same but I didn't have to wait more than 10 minutes. And we can do most things by mail but it you are doing work for a change of ownership they will want to see you in person with the paperwork. As shady as some folks are I can understand that.

Now on your "Thatsu mu boat" thread, everyone is interested in whether you mix oil in the gas or whether is is mixed automatically. Be sure to let us know when you can.

Justin, I typed this before I read your post from this morning. Let us know what your buddy thinks. And as always pictures are great.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Sweet potatoes: years ago we went camping and had a club fish fry that Saturday. I put my name on the list for french fries. We went to the small town about 15 miles away for potatoes. The store had 10 lb bags of red or russet for $2.99 and a 25 lb bag of either for $3.99. Bought 2 of the big bags for the cookout and 4 to take home, 2 of each. On the way we saw people in a plowed field picking sweet potato culls. What groceries we had in bags went to the back seat and we went picking in the bags. Most were between a golf and baseball size. Got between 6 and 8 pounds in 3 bags.
After dinner I walked the dog. I wash 2 of the potatoes, peeled and ate as we walked. The campground is known for the herd of deer that move through eating most anything that's thrown out for them. I saw a button buck eating the peels that I had thrown out in the woods. We stopped and it walked up to us to be hand fed. It's mom stood back about 20 feet and watched, I threw her some. Debbie got a few pictures of the feeding and one of the deer and dog nose to nose.
It got it's fill of sweet potatoes and headed down to another campsite where the ladies hand fed it vanilla wafers.

·
Premium Member
Southeast mo Mississippi river
560 Posts
Got my boat ready for tomorrow. All the ropes, throw preserver, fog horn, New fire extinguisher, life jackets, oars, whistle, anchors.....what am forgetting oh I'll get rods and tackle bag in the morning and bait. Ready for maiden voyage.
Don't forget to put the plug in

·
Premium Member
23,495 Posts
Every other day for the last couple of weeks I've had whole body tremors from a drug I'm taking to slow my heartbeat down. The off days is minor with just leg tremors and heat flashes. The original dosage has been cut in half, but the the half life of the drug is rather long, how long I don't know. I have to take it because it's the only thing they found while I was in ICU back in late July to slow my heart beat down..

Typical Fall like day here on the dead end road, like a high of 76, overnight low of 56, some wind out of the North and humidity still up thar in the 90. Beta gave us rain for about 30 hours, heavy downpours during the dark hours.

Congrats Justin on the new water ride, be careful, you hear.

Cheap, glad you are on the mend.

·
Registered
Neill from NW Arkansas
857 Posts
Went fishing last nite at a hole I hadn't visited this year. Have had good success in the past. It is a steady producer of flats and blues, no trophy size, but respectable eaters.
Well, gathering bait turned out to be tedious. Our usual sites have dropped in density but we managed to get a couple buckets full.
Made the hike down the mountain packing all the usual gear about 1/2 hour before sundown. Half moon was high in the sky but the fish started biting right after dark. I caught an 8lb flat and fishing buddy caught a very nice 12-15lber. I also caught a 2 lb white bass which surprised me as I have never seen them in this creek before. It swallowed the hook or I would have thrown it back.
Then the bite shuts off. I mean off. No gar, no minnow pecks, nothing. My friend says, "Surely it will pick up by midnite when the moon sets." So we drown some more baits and wait. At midnite its, "They always bite right before sunup". Dawn comes and still nothing
To be fair, at about dawn I did get a couple unproductive runs without hookup and several strong bites.
It was a beautiful nite in a great piece of nature. The hunt continues.....:smile1:

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Glad ya doing better cheap.
Laying here hurting can’t sleep both shoulders. Stressed them to hard at work. Tubing was hanging up in press manderal. Gona take some Neproxen see if can get some sleep. Have a wood stove to install in the morning. Then catch some bait and go fishing if not to stove up.

·
Registered
Mark from Bartlesville OK
1,618 Posts
Spent the last 2 nights at the lake with my brother and uncle. We put jugs in and baited took fish off 3 times. We cleaned 51 fish. Have 48 quart ziploc bags of filets.

Water was rough yesterday took several waves over front of boat getting jugs out of water. All fish cleaned up, wife took boat home with her last night.

Good times hope for many more as uncle is 79. Glad he is still able to go. Don't know how much longer I can keep cleaning fish as my hands are losing strength.

Go see a new surgeon on Tuesday about ankle. Been 10 months and still hobbling around. Afraid he won't be able to help much.

Have a great day Ramblers.
20200925_105619.jpeg
20200925_174356.jpeg

141 - 160 of 605 Posts