The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
901 - 920 of 1004 Posts

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
One of the main staples I have to indulge in while I'm up here is the "Texas Wieners" and specifically from a dirty little hole in the wall diner called "J&G Texas Wieners" they've been there for 50+ years and it dont look like they've put a coat of paint in there since before that lol. But the natural casing hotdogs with the seasoned beef is just magnificent when topped with the onions, beef chili and mustard! Each one is about half a pound and I can shovel down 3 before I throw in the towel lol. Ive had 9 so far this week :)

And to this day no one is 100% sure where they got the name "Texas Wieners" since they originated somewhere in North Jersey.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
My family has been hit hard by covid the past two weeks. Nephew got it first, then spread it to my brother in law and sister, shortly followed by my other nephew. Then it jumped into my parent's house, my brother got it then my mom. Somehow my dad has dodged it. I've felt less than stellar the past couple days, so I scheduled a test for tomorrow. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Laying around the house. Daughter diagnosed with covid on Saturday. Wife and I both feel rough and think we have it. Aching, cough and she has chills. Not been tested, may go tomorrow to health dept.
Might be a good sign for you but I never did get the chills when I had covid. I had a high fever but never got the chills. I also didnt have flu like aches, I had severe pain and cramping in the muscles but I definitely wasn't achy.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #906
All those getting killed makes me wonder why they leave so many on side of road. One 2 mile section today had 5 just laying there. Then was all the skrunched ones eleswhere.

Probly will have covid in 2 weeks. Sunday, kids and gkids will invade our house for tday stuffing. The one bunch has already had it last month. Since cant smoke in house when they here, will spend most of time in shop. Yep, the man cave.

Nice temps for about the next week. With water temps in 40s tho not even gonna try fishing. But if fishing in certain areas one would be able to cast 6 miles. 40 mph winds. When the river has white caps and two foot deep, ya know it windy.

Later

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
737 Posts
Maybe cool weather is here to stay.
Temp was 38 when i took the dogs for a stroll earlier. Pip has been laying in front of the fire last 2 days. You can step on the end of her tail or her ear. (barefoot on rug) She doesnt even flinch.

Georgia health department has a daily status report map. Tracks the number of cases in each county. While my county has actually went down a little in the last few weeks. Cases in the population centers are really going up. One of the countys that is a suburb of Chattanooga Tennessee. They have had a thousand cases in the last 2 weeks. Meanwhile 3 countys over. A county that has 1/4 the population has had less than a 100.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
The skinny neighbor was suppose to have their test back the 13th or 14th. They got them back yesterday, they're good. Now get a release so the boys can go back to school on Monday.
I forgot to record the county's number Tuesday. Desoto county is up 132 new cases in 2 days to 9,117 total. Shelby county is up 402 yesterday to 44,102 total.
I hooked up the lawn vac yesterday and sucked up 8 bags of leaves in the backyard. The bag strap has my shoulder sore this morning. The skinny neighbor wants to barrow it. I don't think she can handle it, might get a quarter bag before dumping.
Debbie and I talked about Thanksgiving dinner. She wants to wait for Christmas for a family get together. So we plan what to have for our dinner. She starts naming off a table full of dishes. I told her I wanted a small roasted turkey or chicken, dressing and a sweet potato, that's it. Baby limas and mashed potatoes will probly be cooked too. I'll most likely do all the cooking.

·
Premium Member
23,562 Posts
Early this AM the Squaw's catheter got stopped up somewhere from the bladder to the drainage bag, so a call was put in to Art, who was working the ER today. He said he wouldn't advise us to visit the ER because it was loaded with possible Covid and flu patients and he would call the URO on duty and for us to head to his office. By the time we got to the URO's office, the clot came thru and thus, urine was draining into the bag. He did give her an early morning appointment tomorrow to put a larger catheter in that would possibly let the clots thru.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
After all this yard work and chainsaw work I find it odd that I cant burn it all like Im legally permitted to do back home in good ol North Georgia. Now I gotta rent a truck and trailer to take it to a place to also pay to dump it. Ridiculous to have to pay to get rid of wood and brush!!!

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #917
Used to run a dry fifth wheel. Plastic plate on trailer. Change it every year. About 30 bucks. Started swaping tailers a few years back. It really greasy now. Slap some good wheel bearing grease on it now once a month. Besides the normal grease. That one you showing will be wore out soon.

Answered phone from a nap. Gotta run over to MN and back in morn. What I get for thinking time off.

Motorcycle started right up today. Original battery since new in 2011. Had a ford pu that had for 10 years. Sold it with original bat. It went another 3 years.

Later

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Good thing my son has a ditch to dump all we want to into. We'll have lots when we start cleaning up my daughter's yard.
I ran the mower over the leaves in the front yard today. Got three 55 gallon bags full. Got 1 1/2 bucket of acorns from the curb.
The skinny neighbor has been on the phone since the first of the month with her insurance company to cover a dentist visit tomorrow. I was going to take her since her husband can't take off work on Fridays, and he's working from home. Got a text from her earlier, cancel the dentist visit, he want to consult first at the tune of $225. I said, nope I don't have that kind of money.

901 - 920 of 1004 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.