The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

421 - 440 of 618 Posts

·
Registered
Neill from NW Arkansas
862 Posts
WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH NEILL?
I'm familiar with the Arkansas area and a REAL Arky calls them MINNERS.
Russ, Actually there is a story to that. Though I grew up in New Orleans, I do have a thick accent. Kind of a mix of New Orleans and Ozark Hills. My mom was an English teacher and she hammered me about my speech, writing, and grammar. My co-workers have always accused me of being a yankee because I pronounce all my words.

So....I may say minners but I will write it minnows.:)

·
Administrator
10,499 Posts
Russ, Actually there is a story to that. Though I grew up in New Orleans, I do have a thick accent. Kind of a mix of New Orleans and Ozark Hills. My mom was an English teacher and she hammered me about my speech, writing, and grammar. My co-workers have always accused me of being a yankee because I pronounce all my words.

So....I may say minners but I will write it minnows.:)
I am just about th opposite. I had 7 years of English in 4 years of high school because I kept failing it. Military kept me down south my entire time so 5 years KY, 8 years AL, 3 years MS. Locals took me to the finest country bars like the Bloody Bucket in MS and also the Back Way In. Places you don't find on a map or tourist brochure. Anyway when I went to work for the US Gov in DC and Chicago, everyone thought I was from down south,,,,,, way down south. haha

Truth is I am just another redneck and proud of it.

·
Administrator
10,499 Posts
This is not the first time and will not be the last time similar thinks occurs. And it seldom if ever works out to the betterment of things.

To me the best thing that could be done is to totally ban all non native animals as being pets in this country. People do not have the intelligence to make decisions in how to handle this. And there should not be LIVE non native species in markets. Most folks can't even handle a cat.

·
Horse-MON
21,275 Posts
TW you are so right, this stuff makes me
3d-angry-emoticon-14427771.jpg

as a life long outdoors man, I have to deal with it everyday, like when the carp jump in the boat and try to hurt me!!!
Starlings carry germs that got in the silage and we had 100 head a brood cows, and I could go on, an on, an on, but you got it.

·
Premium Member
23,498 Posts
The Squaw turned 73 today. I was a good boy and got her a double stalk Orchid and a nice double chocolate cake.

Water surface temp has dropped down in the high 60's and according to a guide bud, the Hybrids are in my area.

421 - 440 of 618 Posts