The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

401 - 420 of 544 Posts

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
We had a windy day also. Here about 40 mph gusts, steady at 25. Temps turning chilly. 28 tonight.

What is it with stint popularity of late? My doc visit today went well. Except, he told me they want to do another soon for kidney feeder one. He agreed it could wait till late Dec or early Jan. Good time while kitties are snoozing.

Load fo ND in morn. Deliver Friday. 4pm today got phone call. A shipper wants me for a week in north central ND. Rebuild bank account for a long winter.

Got insulated panels back on house. Great water presure now. Even used new close to shop hydrant to wash pu. Nice not having to string 200 foot of hose to do so.

Y'all get better.

Later

·
Registered
890 Posts
We are not doing so hot averaging over a 1000 a day now with 1500 reported yesterday. Entire state is on a mask mandate now even rural areas.
I hope you are all safe out there. my nephew is a school teacher and just tested positive. He has a 5 month old baby that we hope doesn't get it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Since the move I have ammo, powder and primers here, all else is in the back of a storage unit.

Years ago I had a problem with 223 cases. I tumbled them in walnut media to get the grit out. To the press to decap and size, that one time in a shell holder. Into a gauge to measure length, that's 2 times in a shell holder. Into a trimmer, that's 3 times into a shell holder. Into a wet tumbler with SS pins to clean the oils off and make them shiny. I ran them for 1 1/2 hours. Rinse, then into a cold dryer cylinder for 1 hour. Into a tumbler with corncob and polish. Then to the Lee Auto Prime, they won't fit in the shell holder.
Everywhere I asked I got the same reply. You need a small base die set, which I have. You need to scrap those. I'm not scraping 15 gallons of cases. I want a fix. I measured some of the cases everyway I could think of. The bottom of the case was ballooned for some reason.
6 months later I was telling someone about it in a facebook group. Another person steps in. My friend used a 38/357 sizing die to reshape the bottom of the case. I have Lee and RCBS, can't pass the case through either like a bulge buster die and they don't make bulge buster in 38/357. He used a Lyman die. I got a die off of ebay for $14, took it apart so only the outside of the case was sized. Checked one case in a shell holder, won't fit. Press it through the Lyman die and tried it again, it fits. I reloaded those cases 4 times before I moved.
Knowledge is a powerful tool

401 - 420 of 544 Posts