Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
501 - 520 of 639 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Just got home from the in-laws, I feel anything but fit and agile, but I am thankful. Hopped on the Honda ATV and made a quick circle around part of the farm, saw several deer so may take the bow and see if I can get the wife her summer sausage deer in the morning. It has been a cloudy day with lite misty type rain and warm temps. be a perfect night for c o o n- hunting if I still did it, instead I will likely kick back and watch the NFL on the big screen and get absolutely no exercise the rest of the day, who knows when the swelling from dinner in my belly goes down a little, I may sneak another piece of pumpkin pie.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,811 Posts
Kinda felt like a turkey today. Got stuffed. Then took a nap on couch.

The entire family of my side was there. Both boys and their wifes. Grandsons and their ladies. Then also the great grand daughter. 4 generations in one pic.

Nothing on tv tonight or for awhile. What ever happened to the good movies of turkey day time? Remember shows such as the flying monkeys, gkids called it that, and many other big time movies of old. We do not have cable or internet streaming.

Think mama may pay for trip to Red next spring or summer. She would have a good op then to try out her xmas toys. She not sure what it is yet.

Later

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I sampled all the dishes and went back on seconds for the ones I liked best. Sampled all the desserts. Stuffed at that point. Oldest nephew from Johnson City, TN was with us visiting his mom. Watched the National Anthem of the football game. Collected all we wanted and came home for a power nap.
Porky said he'd have a sale tonight, can't get zoom to open.
I'll play some games and watch movies until bedtime.

·
Super Moderator
25,554 Posts
Thanksgiving dinner was a big hit, plus there was plenty of leftovers for some to take home, which two did No one opted for the pies and das a good thing, could be because I didn't offer them, IJS.

Nothing to be thankful in China yesterday, COVID is doing its thing and China was not prepared for it, rest of the story at >>>China's tightening COVID-19 curbs fuel pushback | Reuters

Blue catfish filets are on the standby for supper, to get the turkey taste out of our taste buds, and dats a good thing.

Window Automotive lighting Fluid Ingredient Liquid

I have three options for the filets, one is just fry it along with some taters and slaw, or, fix fish taco's or fish wraps with slaw.

Currently raining here in my parts, not heavy mind you, and will hang with us until high noon. Current temp is 50, high of 65 and an overnight low of 45.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Morning Ramblers...having a slow speed, high drag day....hope everyone is doing well

Chop, glad to see you dropping by. As to your "down East" comment "sippin a little shine by the fire pit" with a cigar after the meal.....

Well in the Western Piedmont amongst the hills. ( not to be totally classified as hillbillies, just a percentage of) of this great state the biggest difference other than the BBQ sauce is the starting time and volume of "sippin shine" ( your words) consumed.

When the wife informs the patriarch that the ENTIRE family is coming, the "sippin" starts first thing in the morning and as the day wears on it proceeds to "drinking"....why you ask.......two reasons......#2 they all are a pain in the arse to tolerate.....and #1...they are dead set on drinking all of your liquor before they leave.....so the more you drink the sooner they will leave......

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Keith, with you having received your seeds, when will you start them.....with the price that tomato plants were this year there may be a lot more people buying seeds.....only problem for me on that deal is that I like to plant different varieties. Usually about 5, this year may pay more attention to super early and late tomatoes.

Glad you posted on tomatoes.....froze some especially for spaghetti sauce.....had forgot about them...

Another for you Keith.....had not seen the turkeys around for a week or so. They know it's the day after Thanksgiving.....all around the house this morning...
Bird Plant Natural landscape Tree Grass

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Morning Ramblers...having a slow speed, high drag day....hope everyone is doing well

Chop, glad to see you dropping by. As to your "down East" comment "sippin a little shine by the fire pit" with a cigar after the meal.....

Well in the Western Piedmont amongst the hills. ( not to be totally classified as hillbillies, just a percentage of) of this great state the biggest difference other that the BBQ sauce is the starting time and volume of "sippin shine" ( your words) consumed.

When the wife informs the patriarch that the ENTIRE family is coming, the "sippin" starts first thing in the morning and as the day wears on it proceeds to "drinking"....why you ask.......two reasons......#2 they all are a pain in the arse to tolerate.....and #1...they are dead set on drinking all of your liquor before they leave.....so the more you drink the sooner they will leave......
Mine knows I’ll share cigars but my liquor is MINE!!!!! Yes, they tried to drink it all, lol!!!

501 - 520 of 639 Posts