Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
481 - 500 of 637 Posts

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,811 Posts
Been getting alot of junk calls. Have stopper on phone. They dont ring, just let me know a spamer was calling when I check phone. The ones that get thru, with no name or message, are then sent into spamer form. The calls without a name also do not get answered. May get 20 or more such blocked calls a day. Guess my number got out somehow.

One nice thing about up here in "great white (not white now) north" is it gets kinda chilly for those hogs. 50 years ago tho one reason most of us carried rifles in back window of pu was to eliminate pests.

Ma just made 2 pumpkin pies for the feast. In morn she will do the apple pie. She is also assigned the stuffed eggs and cellery. She asked oldest son what was needed. She had to call his wife as he was kinda like me. Knew nothing.

Hope all gobble well and dont wobble to much.

Later

·
Super Moderator
25,554 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving Ramblers, I'm sure we all have something to be thankful for on this special day. I'm thankful that I still with y'all, that I have a good wife, still able to wet a line and on and on.

Speaking of wetting a line, I did so yesterday afternoon >>> (899) LKN Fishing Report, November 23, 2022 | Catfish Angler Forum at USCA (catfish1.com) \.
It, the fishing trip, was a Keef kind of day, IJS.

We are going to have eight warm bodies sitting around the table come one PM sharp. Each family is bringing the food, one the cooked Turkey, and the others a couple of dishes that they are good at making. Missing with be Art and his wife, he decided he and she should not share their flu with us and dats a good thing. I'm not a fan of turkey meat and it goes back to my childhood. We raised turkeys for the public on Thanksgiving and Christmas as a side income for the family. The turkeys we didn't sale, we ate on them, for what seems like a lifetime. They are the dumbest creatures alive, IKYN.

Weather today is going to be alright for the season, with a high of 60 degrees and an overnight low of 50.

Somebody is in trouble, betcha he didn't know what he wrote

WHAT DOES JIVE TURKEY MEAN?
A jive turkey is someone who is unreliable, makes exaggerations or empty promises, or who is otherwise dishonest. The phrase is so associated with 1970s culture.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Yes, I am thankful and suspect most of living in the U.S. have something to be thankful for. Weatherman says we may get a bit damp today but warm for the season.
We are going to the in-laws for dinner today sure I will eat a lot more than my Dr. would prescribe and wish I could say "it's only once a year" but it is very likely I will do it again on Christmas, Easter, Independence Day and several other days that are not recognized holidays.
Thanksgiving makes me a little more nostalgic than the other holidays. As a kid all the cousins would spend the four-day weekend at our grandparents, all the boys (back then it was considered OK to exclude the girls) would rabbit hunt most of the day. We even had butchering shop set up in the barn, with some skinning, some gutting, and the rest quartering and bagging. I can't think I would have ever been comfortable sending five boys aged 10 to 15 out with shotguns and no adult supervision, back then it's just what we did, and it is one of my fondest memories.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
A safe and Happy Thanksgiving to the Ramblers...here we are having SAM weather.......same as Mac

Keith have you shot anything out the window this week??? Figured the nice deer that Mark showed would get you stirred up!!!!

Cheap, out of all of them hogs that met their demise ....did anyone ever work up any of the meat.....or just more meals for the Tampoon guards??

Jbuck.....probably logged a 100,000 (yes 5 zeros) miles rabbit hunting durning Thanksgiving weekends as a kid....my dad lived to rabbit hunt....

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving Ramblers, I'm sure we all have something to be thankful for on this special day. I'm thankful that I still with y'all, that I have a good wife, still able to wet a line and on and on.

Speaking of wetting a line, I did so yesterday afternoon >>> (899) LKN Fishing Report, November 23, 2022 | Catfish Angler Forum at USCA (catfish1.com) \.
It, the fishing trip, was a Keef kind of day, IJS.

We are going to have eight warm bodies sitting around the table come one PM sharp. Each family is bringing the food, one the cooked Turkey, and the others a couple of dishes that they are good at making. Missing with be Art and his wife, he decided he and she should not share their flu with us and dats a good thing. I'm not a fan of turkey meat and it goes back to my childhood. We raised turkeys for the public on Thanksgiving and Christmas as a side income for the family. The turkeys we didn't sale, we ate on them, for what seems like a lifetime. They are the dumbest creatures alive, IKYN.

Weather today is going to be alright for the season, with a high of 60 degrees and an overnight low of 50.

Somebody is in trouble, betcha he didn't know what he wrote

WHAT DOES JIVE TURKEY MEAN?
A jive turkey is someone who is unreliable, makes exaggerations or empty promises, or who is otherwise dishonest. The phrase is so associated with 1970s culture.
Jeepers creepers,Uncle Mac done gave me the hairy eyeball this morning!!!!! Oh snap, take a chill pill my man!!! Don’t be bugging’ out so early in the morning!!!! Hey Daddyo, it’s Thanksgiving!!!! It’s a day for some chillaxin’ at the crib with your foxy mama!!! Maybe put on some of your best threads, jump in the shaggin’ wagon and go for a ride to see what’s crackin’!!!!! Take a day off of your fishing gig and get your groove on!!!!! But before you go, just don’t drink too many Colt 45s and get the man on your tail!!!! It would be a bummer if a Casanova like you, had to do all of your jive talkin’ from a jail cell!!!! That would be a real drag!!!!! So, whatever you do, don’t be trippin’!!!!! Peace, love and happiness!!!! Now I gotta skitty!!!!! You dig?????

BTW…… love ya, UNCLE MAC!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
25,554 Posts
Jeepers creepers,Uncle Mac done gave me the hairy eyeball this morning!!!!! Oh snap, take a chill pill my man!!! Don’t be bugging’ out so early in the morning!!!! Hey Daddyo, it’s Thanksgiving!!!! It’s a day for some chillaxin’ at the crib with your foxy mama!!! Maybe put on some of your best threads, jump in the shaggin’ wagon and go for a ride to see what’s crackin’!!!!! Take a day off of your fishing gig and get your groove on!!!!! But before you go, just don’t drink too many Colt 45s and get the man on your tail!!!! It would be a bummer if a Casanova like you, had to do all of your jive talkin’ from a jail cell!!!! That would be a real drag!!!!! So, whatever you do, don’t be trippin’!!!!! Peace, love and happiness!!!! Now I gotta skitty!!!!! You dig?????

BTW…… love ya, UNCLE MAC!!!!!
You didn't disappoint me at tall, knew you would come back with a classic comment. Take care until the next time, you hear.

·
Super Moderator
25,554 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving y’all from your Limey B. O. C. brother.

…W
Winston, when I was stationed on the Island of Malta at a RAF base, the commanding officer of our squadron informed us that the term "Limey" would not be tolerated, and the offender could face a General Discharge from the USN. I guess you can use the term, since you are one, IJS. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
You didn't disappoint me at tall, knew you would come back with a classic comment. Take care until the next time, you hear.
WOOHOO!!!!!! Glad I didn’t disappoint!!!!! Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!!

Btw…… almost forgot to mention my cousin, no we ain’t kissing cousins, but he would like that!!!!
Love ya cousin, Skip Brown!!!!! When you’re in town we will go get some more bbq!!!!

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
The ham cooked in the oven at 200 degrees overnight. Don't know what to do with the juice except trash since pineapple juice is in it. Dressing is ready to go in the oven. Cranberries are ready for the fire. Baked pies yesterday. Be at Matt's at noon, plan to eat at 1 pm.

55, 58 later with rain.

·
Super Moderator
25,554 Posts
481 - 500 of 637 Posts