Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
461 - 480 of 637 Posts

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
went to countrymart and gotta loafa bread and mike a brick of fruitcake 3"X9"...came home
and hadda dry as sand breaded pork patty sandwich anda ham sandwich...hadda container
of chinese(the last) for breakfast...megamillions draws tonight for 259m...SCATS...
mike isn't home yet and it's 3pm...another 14 hour day for him and tonya...mike doesn't
know if he's off thursday...happy turkey day in advance y'all...and happy holidays...leeboy...

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,811 Posts
Got up to 52 today. Heat wave.

Ma is making me go to store tomorow. Ouch. She needs a couple other things now that she knows what tday dinner needs are. Need to get tobaco anyway.

With the temps like they are it would be nice to fish. Lakes froze. Boat winterised, etc. Local river is about empty.

Later

·
Super Moderator
25,554 Posts
Learn something new this AM. Yesterday one of my video cameras didn't record me catching a blue and a channel catfish. Also, when I tested it later, I got a message that said "busy". So, I tried to erase everything on the SD card and got the same message. Went on the NET to see what I could do to correct the saturations and tried everything they suggested to no avail. Then a dim light went on in my head that said, try out another SD card, which I did, and ran a test video and then download it and everything was back to the way it should be. Most likely the SD card got some lint or dust on it or maybe some catfish slime :rolleyes: and messed it up.

Fairly nice day in store for the hood and here are the stats to prove it >>>40/66/42, some wind out of the N and the humidity is still with us at 76%

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Busy most of the day inside and out.
Had to wait at Sam's for the load of rotisserie chickens to come off the rack. Brought one home and put it in a pot of water to boil with celery and onion. Low boil for 3 hours, added water once. Let sit in the pot an hour to cool some. Poured broth through a strainer to use later. Sat chicken on a platter to cool more. Removed meat from skin and bones, bagged it for later. Threw the bones in the trash. Mixed the skin with old cat food, carried it out for the wild cats in the neighborhood.
I started at the house raking acorns into piles toward the street. I'd get a good size pile that wouldn't move easy, scoop them up into a bucket then rake to another pile. Did a pretty good job of dethatching too. Got 16 buckets for the lake area. Put lids on them so acorns stay dry in case of rain.
Baked 2 pans of cornbread. Made dressing, poured into a plastic container and into the fridge overnight. Will add chicken then pour into baking pans, bake tomorrow morning. Yep, enough for 2 pans. Got two 40 oz honey jars filled with the rest of the broth and into the fridge.
Thought I was sore and tired yesterday. Not as bad as today.
Two 12 packs of canned drinks will fit in a flat that a case of half liter drinks come in. An empty flat is turned upside down to cover the top packs. I have 3 stacked behind the oil heater. That's where Keke likes to sit and sleep most of the time. I have 2 cases of half liter drinks in the plastic trays, cardboard flats turned upside down on them beside the heater. That's where Patch likes to sit and sleep most of the time.

48, 63 later, 50 for the overnight low. Thanksgiving day high of 58, rain starting about noon and into the night.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
In 2011 a member of another forum did an invite for a hog hunt (shooting) south of Greenville, MS. 9 of us met and drove to the farmer's sweet potato field. As the sun came up the damage the hogs had done could be seen. Guess they heard us coming, they were on the far side of it. A good 150 to 200 yard shot. Luck had it since most everyone had a watch with an alarm. We made sure all clocks were set at the same time. When the alarm went off we fired, 6 on the ground. They must be dumb, back in the field in 20 minutes. Gave them 10 minutes to settle and fired again. Waited an hour after the 4th round of shots. Didn't see any coming back in so we gathered 21 off the ground. Some hogs had 1 hole and some had 4 holes. The farmer came with his backhoe. What wasn't taken home was buried.
We set up more days to come back, some on weekends and some during the week. Dang, it rained on all dates, I didn't go.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Jimmy when will the roast cat be ready?? ROTF
I'm wondering that too. Keke will sit on the floor and lean against the heater sometimes. Haven't smelt any fur burning yet.
Just after dark last night Sasha and I went outside. David and his neighbor are in their yards at the fire pits. I get a fire started and notice one of the young neighborhood cats on the other side of the pit. I back away and it comes up to the pit. Sasha sits with her back to the pit, turns around to watch the cat ever so often. Funny, she wants to cats to come up to her. Most are use to Bruce and will try to rub against him, he doesn't like it.

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
hadda ham sandwich(last of ham)anda sand dry pork patty sandwich...two shots just now...
someone is killing a deer...mike just got home(3 pm)third shot just now and fourth one now
5th....someone is shooting in the cove...went to sedalia this morning to the bank of mine and
deposited a loan check for 3k...126.56/month payback...will be used for emergency car fix...
SCATS...

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
mike was over at richard's...he gave him some pipe...it fell out going up the hill...i went
out and hopped in to hold it...-we pushed it out on mike's land up the hill...then we went
and lQQked at the washington state people's place...then we went to dan's he was just
target practicing with his ought six...mike is boiling eggs for deviled eggs and has about
four cans of greenbeans for greanbean casserole...i showered when i got home from
the bank in sedalia...don't know if mike and tonya are working tomorrow...SCATS...

461 - 480 of 637 Posts