Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 707 Posts

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Thanks Cheap and Jim...

Oldest grandson (20)was helping me yesterday on the mowing, vacuuming, and blowing leaves. I have an agfab pull behind vac unit. Had the original 7 year old tires/tubes at least until yesterday....Oldest grandson pulling vac, I noticed he had stopped..blew out a tire...old crap, sent him to tractor supply with my CCard...told him to get two...got back, wrong size axle hub.....sent him back with the original to match.... swapped them out, came back. New ones had too much paint in the hole and would not slide on. Even with assistance with a wood block and hammer.....errrr!!!
Finally got that one on and got him back to vacuuming leaves...five minutes late the other side blew out.....told him to park it...I used the zero turn to chop and blow....long day...

Hope everyone is doing well...

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Light mist started at 3:50 yesterday, a bit harder at 4:30. Hard enough to send me indoors for the rest of the day. Still coming down hard at 9:30 pm.
Watched both auctions, didn't buy anything. Cody closed at 8:30, said it was raining hard, good luck to everyone going home. Porky turned his auction over to Dino at 9:30 pm. Kinda dull after that. Turned it off at 10 and went to bed. Hope today they have some good stuff at good prices.
Moved things around in the computer room. Can now get to the outside door. The key turns in the deadbolt lock, the latch doesn't move. Now I have something to play with today.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Got a little rain this morning but could use a some more. While the trees are still pretty the leaves are falling fast, have had a really colorful display of foliage this fall in this area, will hate to see the trees bare. Most years we have burnt off the wife's wildflower patches by now, but it has been so dry this year that we have been afraid to for fear of it spreading off our farm, will have to see if the little rain this morning put enough moisture in the ground to keep a field fire contained. I converted a 5th wheel hitch to a goose neck hitch yesterday, a little more effort required than I had hoped but got it done and will work out better for me as I don't like having a 5th wheel in the bed of my truck. No plans for today.

·
Super Moderator
25,565 Posts
The Squaw has given me a new item for my punch list of things I need to do in the near future. She is getting a professional to pressure wash the rear deck along with the pickets and top rail. Ater dat he is to cover everything with some expensive stain. Then I can do my job, which is to remove the old wooden caps on the 5.5 X 5.5" support post. The wooden ones are breaking down, plus the Squirrels are using them to teeth or something. Here is a photo of the old ones and the new copper caps.

Plant Outdoor bench Wood Rectangle Grass
Plant Leaf Wood Botany Tree

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,817 Posts
TY Cheap and Jim.

That does sound like cheap. Last week he most likely complained of all the dust accumulating. Now he complains of family room being wet. The best part is that dust will now turn to mud.

Has been good to see Justin back here.

Would love to have some rain up here. We can't call it "the great white north" either. Did get 1/10 other day.

70 next couple days.

Later

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I took the deadbolt lock apart and found the latch assembly was cracked. Worked fine the last time the door was opened, about 3 years ago. I went to HD, figured I'd have to buy a new deadbolt lock to get the latch. Nope, asked the guy working that department and he put me on it. Less than half price of a lock.
Got the lock back in the door and closed it. Used the key to lock the deadbolt. The latch was hitting the strike plate about 3/16" on the low side, wouldn't lock. Out to the garage to make a larger strike plate, this one is big enough for 4 screws. I used 2 1/2" deck screws.

·
Super Moderator
25,565 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,565 Posts
"Mac don't you founder on the candy now you hear??"

Keef, the Squaw opened the family pack of Halloween candy three weeks ago and as of this AM, only nine pieces are left. She declared this AM that it looks like a mouse got into them, I didn't say nutthing, We both, have been reaching in and getting a piece or two when passing. . Have no fear that thar are none for the kids, cause all I have to do in turn off the porch light. In my parts if there is no porch light on, don't holler treat or treat.

·
Super Moderator
25,565 Posts
Yep quaker oats.
Give it to Mikey, he will eat anything.

How can I remember trivia like this and can't remember stuff that happened last week !!

1 - 20 of 707 Posts