·
Old Squeezer
22,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #241 ·

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,720 Posts
Here in fly over country we generally have much ice fish time. I will not anymore. Do like to see the new pu with intransit tags in window half submerged thru ice on tv. Now we lose some folks every year to 4 wheelers trying to cross thin ice spots.

Watched some utube things last night. Kinda wondered why they never catch turtles. Seems like here will lose as much gear to cutting leader on 2 foot snapper as snags. Or a four foot long gar.

Nice morn of 57 degrees. Windows open and fans in them. Getting acclimated for winter temps. Even put long pants on this morn. Set shorts aside for next week of 80s. Oh, yesterday we had new record high of 95.

Later

·
Premium Member
6,541 Posts
In #237 I referenced the swollen jaw of my grandson. Well my daughter got him in to see his MD, MD. said he has an infected, abscessed tooth and suspected it was the one that had been capped. MD. called DDS who said to bring him down (30 miles south) they looked at him and now he is on his way to hospital in Evansville, IN. 85 mi. east for IV antibiotic administration. Kids are most likely the greatest blessing a man can have but once you have them the stress and worry never seems to end.

·
Premium Member
6,541 Posts
I just don't understand how a place like "the compound" exists.
Well, I will give you my take on how. We live in arguably the freest nation in the world, our bill of rights is laden with the protection of individuals from the government. Sadley some individuals use protections like freedom from unreasonable search, freedom to keep and bare arms, freedom of religion and others to live a life outside of social norms.
I would guess the Sheriff had suspicions unlawful activity was being carried out within "the compound", but while reasonable suspicion may allow for a quick stop and brief questioning by the government it doesn't even come close to rising to the probable cause necessary for the government to obtain a search warrant for the individuals home or property.
Personal freedom will not work for the good of society without personal responsibility. Apparently, these folks had none.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
R U talking about waiting in line or something else.
Talking about there is no test, no interview....all you got to do is be able to have sex and it's assumed you will do a good job.
I am not a fan of big gov't regulations, just letting off steam. My mother had no business raising kids, she suffered with mental illness all her life. That said, now that I have worked through most of the damage, I am glad I was born.
Whenever I see something like that post, my heart goes out to the little guys that have to survive it.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Spent the morning installing a new carburetor on my generator. It came in yesterday from Amazon. Got the carb, gaskets, hoses and inline filter for around $22. Runs like a scalded dog now.
Now this is hard for me to wrap my head around. How in the world can someone manufacture all of those items, ship them to a warehouse in the US, restock them, then pull them, pack 'em and ship them to me for $22.
I realize the parts are made in China but even if it was with slave labor, one has to feed and house the slaves. Really boggles my mind a little.:unsure:

·
Premium Member
6,541 Posts
J I was going to ask if he had eat'n popcorn and got a hull down by a tooth.
We don't know what the deal is, last we heard from our daughter (45 minutes ago) they were at the hospital in Evansville, was going to do a cat scan and blood work to determine if it (the infection) had gotten into his bloodstream. Small town living is the only way I would want to live but it would be nice to have a hospital with big city capabilities a little closer.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Met my oldest son at my daughter's house about 4 yesterday. He did the heavy work while I did the light stuff. Moved the concrete blocks to the fence line, drove stakes through them so they wouldn't slide down the hill. Edged along concrete and trimmed around other things. Picked up 6 buckets of limbs. Pulled weeds from the flowerbeds. Got the yard ready to mow. As little as I did I was soaked and stinking. Got home and took a shower.
Got up late this morning at 9 am, dressed and had a cup of coffee driving to the 10:30 appointment. Got the stitches removed from my forehead and boob. Told not to lift over 10 lbs for the next 20 days. Dang, guess I'll have to borrow one of the granddaughters' right handed fishing rods Friday. Hope my left handed casting looks good.
Kroger has canned drinks 3 for $14 this week, regular $7.99 each. Use to get them 4 and 5 packs for $10 on sale. I got 4 packs of Sierra Mist, sodium 35 mg, 2% per can. There was a lady there looking over the half litter Coke products. I read her lips, "where are the Sprites?" I said, Coke changed all their plastic bottles to clear. Lordy, we spent 40 minutes talking about recycling. Told her I was retired from the railroad. Her son hired on as a conductor, didn't like it after 6 months, now works for Fedx.
Feels like I could take a nap here at 4 pm.

·
Registered
6,665 Posts
took tater out at 3pm...let him be free till 4pm...caught the news...supposed to be 65 tomorrow
with chance of rain...fed the deer...there was uneaten corn on the ground for the first time ever
didn't see any deer...news says it's mating season so with the "rut" on i'll hafta slow down on
MM...deer colisions will pick up till snowfall...i'll letyaknow the powerball results after the drawing
the megamillions winners finally claimed their 780m cash in illinois...1,34B was the third largest
jackpot ever...seeya at 11pm...SCATS...

241 - 260 of 355 Posts