Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
221 - 240 of 353 Posts

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,720 Posts
That looked like good flathead bait.

Be thankful the bird was not higher. You know what they like to do when they fly overhead. Or see a freshly waxed car.

Have not tryed to give a cat a bath in years. Still got the scars from last time.

Made it to town today. 85/15 ground chuck was 2 bucks a lb. Got 4 lbs, ma will get 4 also as limit is 2. However stores are not the far apart. Had to get a new drain valve for my air compressor. Now can drain water from tank.

Might get to break in October on big river. Temps of low 80s they saying. After the cold front tonight they should be putting fall feed bag on.

Later

·
Registered
278 Posts
Wis I almost always wait for cool water temps before I hit the gills. Just me.
View attachment 331423
Kieth I’ll be hitting them from now until March. In between squirrel hunts and deer hunting, and maybe a trip or two for sturgeon.
Open water until winter locks everything up then through a hole in the ice. Once the couple feet of ice melts off of our waters the yellow perch will spawn and I’ll do that. At the end of March is the walleye spawn then it’s turkey season until the flatheads start really biting again. In the middle of all of this there are a few rabbit hunts, maybe a few pheasant hunts, some predator calling and hopefully a spring turkey hunt to the black hills.
This is how my year goes I can’t put the gill
Catching off I haven’t the time. 😉

·
Registered
556 Posts
No lol.skim over popcorn ..sand ....then ...roll on mud over top and stomp ...about same mess probably...But these clients are a bit picky ...And though I have plastic down lord forbid water stains get in there 70 yr.old oak hard wood floors ...which they are refinishing ...But I think they'd find something lol..so an hour clean up every day for one room ....I won't give them a reason to try and buck paying FULL price though its more than fair lol

·
Horse-MON
23,771 Posts
Back in the day the sale barn was in the middle of town, there was a dairy farm about five miles east of town, they would sell this old Holstein cow and the next morning you would see her walking east , across the highway, no problem, and go back home. I often said, that cow is a better homer than a lot of hunting dogs!!
Aggressive runaway cow attacks 2 men in Memphis

·
Super Moderator
25,333 Posts
Yesterday at 3:20 PM, I ordered a battery charger on the NET, and it was delivered at 9:30 PM the same day.
Gadget Input device Font Peripheral Electronic device

My old charger lasted about 20 years and was a ten-amp charger. Left it out and a rain shower did it in.

66 degrees here, but low 90's latter in the day. According to the WG's this will be the last 90 day we will get this year.

The shin on my right leg ain't liking the latest chemo injection on the cancerous spot, IJS.
Eye Eyebrow Eyelash Wood Scar

It be red outside of the scab and shooting some pain every now and them. Guess I will have to grin/moan and take it like a man.

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,591 Posts
Up at 1:50 a.m. fighting blood sugar levels. When I woke up drenched in sweat I knew something was wrong and so I checked my glucose and it was 57. This is quite low for a normal person but for me that sadly averages 175 I don't handle low very well even in target range of 90-120. I got my wife up and she heated up 2 burritos for me.

·
Premium Member
Bill, in OkC
1,426 Posts
They are getting what they deserve. It's just a shame the law doesn't allow their punishment to be equal to their crimes, ie: locked up in similar situations.
Am I the only one who heard the reporter say that the 3 year old was carrying a meth pipe around?

·
Premium Member
6,541 Posts
WOW, from sweatshirt mornings to wishing I hadn't closed the swimming pool yet in three days time. In my youth I loved summer, somehow I was able to spend the whole day on a hay rack with no shade doing manual labor. Today, I get hot just looking outside the window on an 85* day. The Hoosiers have their annual Ohio River gathering coming up this weekend hope they have perfect weather and water conditions with an aggressive bite. Looking forward to the pictures and stories.
My youngest Grandson (5) got off the school bus yesterday, obvious he wasn't feeling well and said his jaw hurt. We couldn't see anything amiss in his mouth like a molar poking through. When his mom got home, she called our dentist, me, wife, son, and daughter as well as all three grandkids are his patients. The receptionist said he would call back, two hrs. later still no return call, a second call to the D.D.M. did result in a call back in about 20 minutes. Antibiotics were prescribed and called in to the pharmacy. This morning he looked like he had half a pack of Red Man in his jaw, a call to the M.D. resulted in "I will have the Dr. give you a call", two hrs. later and the daughter is still waiting. Guess us aging Boomers have just overwhelmed the medical profession with our sheer numbers.

·
Premium Member
6,541 Posts
Am I the only one who heard the reporter say that the 3 year old was carrying a meth pipe around?
Didn't hear the report but read it. Meth was just starting to become a big deal in my area a couple years before my retirement. I went to a supervisors training seminar on Meth where a member of the Mo. State Police was a guest speaker. He advised the Meth epidemic swept across rural Mo. like a fast-moving twister. He said when it gets here (IL) your resources will be overwhelmed. He was not wrong.

I found it sad that folks were ruining their own lives and health but even more tragic was the danger to the kids, during search warrant executions it was not uncommon to find preschoolers playing with the toxic biproducts of the lab or within feet of a gas can filled with anhydrous. For some reason Meth use generates an unnatural level of paranoia so loaded guns lying on the coffee table, nightstand or just leaning against the door jamb were quite a common element of those kids lives also.

·
Premium Member
6,541 Posts
Before you know it I’ll be getting my ice fishing gear ready! 😁
I am envious, I have all the gear and love the sport. In years past we could plan on at least 10 days of "safe ice" per winter in my area, for the past several years if we even got any "safe ice" it was starting to get rotten in a couple days. I miss it.

221 - 240 of 353 Posts