RAMBLIN' #173...SPRING HAS SPRUNG...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by lee, Apr 28, 2018.

1. lee

lee Well-Known Member

State:
    missouri
    IT'S FINALLY WARMING UP!!!...SCATS...

2. prlwng

prlwng Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    south dakota. sioux falls area
    Name:
    bill

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Some places Spring has sprung and others it has not >>> https://weather.com/storms/tornado/news/2018-04-26-severe-weather-returns-plains-midwest

Meanwhile, back on the dead end road along the shores of Lake Norman, things are a tad damp, but this condition will not last long. This past week, Charlotte NC, just South of me, got five inches of precip. in five days >>> http://www.wbtv.com/story/15548885/after-5-days-of-rain-more-still-coming . Lake Norman, in certain places is over it's banks.

Come this summer when we really need some rain, based on past history, it will be in short supply, IJS.

Glad to see that Bob returned to the Lodge while I was gone.

Neat looking boat Bill. Enjoy it, I'm sure you earned it.

The Squaw has an all day seminar today, so that just leaves me and the dogs at the home place today. Mid afternoon is booked for NASCAR at Dega. That leaves me this AM to work on a surface water drainage problem and I have it in my head how to fix it, ifin I don't forget the plan, IJS.

Later Gators

SHOWME, centexcop, bvomark and 10 others like this.
  4. Keith Mette

Keith Mette Horse-MON

State:
    Palmyra,Mo
    The spring is broke, just went out n looked there's frost on the roof. The lone tomato is snug in it's blanky hope this is the last time?

Does anybody still use a paper map?
    Missing Oregon trucker emerges from wilderness after 4 days.
    While back we decide to go to a amish minnonite green house never been there before and it was a cloudy nasty day. Wife had her I pad on and when we got to this one town Tizzy, think it was Catriona said turn here and do this and I didn't so while she was recalculating I went on and turned north and a few miles up the hwy. was a sign to the west for the green house went on by that and she said why didn't you turn there? I'm not driving all that gravel. So on up the road and around the curve there was another sign south to the house and sure enough you could see it from there and they were dam glad to see us. After we headed home she ask how I knew that? Looked at a map before we left. I know you have maps in this car, USE THEM and don't ever trust your life to that GPS!!! Now you know why? Yes.
    Down in the swamp Catriona was lost ALL the time and I said shut that thing off I don't want to listen to it. My mind is already globally position and if I get old and loose my sense of direction I'm going to stay home.
    One of the cajuns just sent me this, said the cats are bitting in the swamp, bet I know what they are having for dinner today. LOL
    IMG_2286.PNG

SHOWME, centexcop, bvomark and 11 others like this.
  5. Fishbones

Fishbones Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Nick
    SHOWME, centexcop, bvomark and 10 others like this.
  6. Keith Mette

Keith Mette Horse-MON

State:
    Palmyra,Mo
    Bill I wouldn't recommend busting ice with that hull??? LOL

centexcop, bvomark, MObigfoot and 8 others like this.
  7. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
  8. prlwng

prlwng Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    south dakota. sioux falls area
    Name:
    bill
    40 plus winds today. Know of a couple spots to hit and get some cabs. Also skuncked creek running high with some really nice Eddie's. Bank fishing today.

Thanks all for nice comments. Going from two to one.

9. boswifedeb

boswifedeb Moderator, USCA Jailhouse Lawyer Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Most of the time, Mr. Mac.

Good morning, me loonies. 43-63* today. Looking better into the week.

We've got an invitation to a cookout for BIL#1's birthday next Saturday. Looking forward to it.

Mr. Bo and I were talking last night (yes, Cheap, talking) and decided that we are going to attempt to fix the messed up reels. If they aren't working now we don't have much to lose and they really aren't worth sending to a pro. Should be interesting.

Supper tonight will be leftover chicken and goodies from last night.

Got to get the bed changed and laundry going then work on the special order. Y'all have a goodun and be safe out there.

centexcop, bvomark, Fishbones and 9 others like this.
  10. boswifedeb

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
  11. vortex

vortex Twirlygig Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Luke
    Thanks and thanks!

Off to get some yard stuff from the store. Well, after a bit of coffee first.

centexcop, bvomark, Fishbones and 8 others like this.
  12. boswifedeb

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
  13. skip brown

skip brown Well-Known Member

State:
    Harmony, NC
    Name:
    Skip
    Bill, nice boat. Hope it serves you well....

Mac, what beach is your place located at????

Luke,was it not you that here a while back was installing yard lights??? Low voltage, and wired I believe rather than solar......if so please give me a few details, please.....type, place of purchase, pros/cons, etc...

This place had low voltage lights when we moved here....non LED, that you could change out...walk way and spot lights, etc.....the system must be at the end of it's life span, having numerous problems.......but to move on, looking to replace...not really wanting to go solar....Have seen several LED lights that you could not change the bulb..Don't really like that....if one goes out down the road, may not find the same style to replace....Cheap, or anyone else got any input ....???????

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    centexcop, bvomark, Fishbones and 9 others like this.
  14. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I looked at deep v's but it is easier for the wife to just step off the deck of the bass boat onto the dock and for me too so that's why I stick with bass boats that and I just like bass boats. Mine should be here june 15 it is shipping may 28th. wish it was sooner but at least i am getting all the crap done i need to around here and will have the rest of the year to go fishing every weekend if i want to.

15. twaskom

twaskom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    It's here, it's here Spring has sprung out here,,,,,,,,,,,,,starting this afternoon after the frost burns off.

Temps over 70* for the next two weeks

Waters awarmin, fish are abiten, life is good.

16. lee

lee Well-Known Member

State:
    missouri
    up,bathed and shaved...the girls are outside in the
    back porch...waitin' on them to get back in a couple hours...did business before bathing...i like it thata way
    SCATS...

17. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Speaking of repairing reels, and Ms. Deb was, in my mis-spent youth that was the only way I could fish. My uncle always bought Langley bait casting reels and the level wind they used were very poor. The brass was way too soft and wore out quickly. He gave them to me and I would tear up a few to make one good one. Then my dad changed to spinning reels and my repair days were almost over. I still have some of those old Mitchells. They were indestructible.

18. fubar4life2010

fubar4life2010 Official USCA Wookie

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    Name:
    David
    Tanks fer this un Scats!
    Tanks fer tha last un Paw!
    Congrats on tha boat Bill!

19. Keith Mette

Keith Mette Horse-MON

State: