Raleigh Bait Shop

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by amk29, Nov 2, 2009.

1. amk29

amk29 New Member

State:
    Durham, NC
    Anybody know a good bait shop near Raleigh or Clayton? looking for some place to get large bass minnows and eels. thanks.

2. Relocated-Yankee

Relocated-Yankee New Member

State:
    Goldsboro
    Have you tried Castaway Fishing Supply in Smithfield? I think they are still there on Market street.

3. bigfisher102

bigfisher102 New Member

State:
    NC
    Paul's grocery on Poole rd sells small, medium, and large minnows. I think it's $3 something a dozen for large. It's on the corner of hodge and poole.

4. CATFISHGARY1

CATFISHGARY1 New Member

State:
    Coats,North Carolina
    Neuse bait on 301 in smithfield beside the river, eels and minnows

5. amk29

amk29 New Member

State:
    Durham, NC
    thanks guys, just saved me a lot of time!

6. rellis

rellis New Member

State:
    Raleigh NC
    Hey Adam why dont you do all of us raleigh folks a big favor and open a good bait shop :) Im in the same boat as you...I dont want to drive 30-45 minutes to get eels or something besides minnows just to turn around and drive 30-45 min to go fishing. Right near my house would be a great place for one :)

7. amk29

amk29 New Member

State:
    Durham, NC
    Ronnie, sounds like a plan. Only problem is I have no money or business sense and I am not a very good fisherman. Other than that it seems foolproof.
    You been out on the Raleigh Neuse lately? I was out a few weeks ago right after a decent rain and still couldn't get a bite. Figured the flats are asleep for the winter...

8. rellis

rellis New Member

State:
    Raleigh NC
    I havent been out there for about 2 weeks. Last time I went I had 1 big hit (probably a gar) and nothing else the rest of the night. Im switching gears for the winter to lake gaston. Hope I have better luck there then I have in the raleigh neuse. I was at the lake about a month ago and caught 2 over 20lbs and a bunch 2-10lbs and 1 15lb. As soon as I feel safe with my boat not breaking down you will have to come up and try to hook into some big ones with me.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  9. amk29

amk29 New Member

State:
    Durham, NC
    Ronnie....hell yeah, you won't have to ask me twice. let me know when you are going some weekend and we will make it happen. From what I have heard the big blues bite better during the fall/winter anyway. I have only fished there a few times below the dam and done ok. sounds like you were slammin em last time you were up there. Don't worry about the boat, I am a better paddler than fisherman if it we breakdown.