Rainy day proves great fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by JERMSQUIRM, May 2, 2006.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    went fishing yesterday after i got off work early due to rain. went to clinton lake. at 4 pm i was fishing. stipped at the ramp and loaded up on shad. went to the hot water outlet and tied up. i was the only boat there in the area.

got the lines in at 4. i waited a bit and nothing bit for the first 1/2 hr or so. moved down to the other side and tried that. about 1/2 hr later the first bit.

i was using shad heads and gut pockets.

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    the first pic is fish 1 released. after that it was pretty steady. the blood was from the lip of the released fish. i use circles.

this second was on a catfish ugly sitck and a new reel i got for $25 a quantum baitcaster. its a nice reel.

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    this little guy was the first one i caught under 2 lbs and was only one of two that was under 2lbs. it wasnt long before it was on again. second small one came right after.

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    this was it. then some of more size came after that.

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    the next catch. it was a steady afternoon evening.

again on the ugly stick. these are probably getting some of ya all ready to fish now. spring has sprung and the fishing is good, lol.

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    had one get off at the boat. usually dont loose em on the gamakatatzu circles.

then a drum. shoot.

and yet again another catfish. the channels were active. got this one back in and got the poles out again.

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    then again on that ugly stick. seemed they were really hitting on the outside of the plum much better than in it. oppisite of the norm.

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    the goood old ugly was hit again seconds after i put on the shad head and it sunk.

got him in released and ready for the next one.

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    all in all i caught 12 fish total. i was home at dark. 8:pm. what fun. here are some pics of the rigs before the terror began.

that brings the total from april to 76 toatl fish. im keeping track this season.:smile2:

10. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    very nice congrats on the catch

11. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    Looks like you were pretty close to the shore. Is there anywhere where a shorefisherman could set up down there?

12. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Nice catch Jerm. You sure that wasn't just the same kitty taken from a lot of different angles and positions? lol

Hey stutz, there is plenty of room on the banks down at Clinton. Down by the Dewitt bridge is where Doyle, Rat, Joesf and myself fished last Sat. We didn't do much good but we probably weren't in the best spot, but then next time it may be the spot.

13. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Dang nabbit Jeremy, there you go again!!!:big_smile: So, When do you think I can join you for an afternoon....LMAO!!!!

Ray

14. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    great day, great catch, i too will fish through the rain, the lightning is another story.

15. pursuing_cats

pursuing_cats New Member

State:
    Clarksville,Tennessee
    Looks like a great day for you. I am glad someone is catching fish. Keep the pics coming.

16. okiekrawler

okiekrawler New Member

State:
    roland ,oklahoma
    looks like you got up in em bro. i love to fish the back end of a good shower or storm. saturday it rained all day here and cleared off around 5 pm. i caught plenty of during and after the rain. way to go man!!!

17. Aftercats

Aftercats New Member

State:
    Tennesse
    Some of only dream of bad days like that....Great catch, wish I were there!

18. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    ENVEY the word to use . great pics i also fish in the rain . people think iam crazy until they have success . good luck . Its only wet till it dries.

19. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Jeremy congrats on the catches bro, looks like you did well.

20. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    thanks all. there are plenty more pics in this area under clinton lake update and worst night turned best.

i went for the first time april 7th so in 5-6 trips and less than 30 days 67 ctas boated. man its gonna be a great year.:big_smile: