Rainy day blues

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by baitnwait, Apr 9, 2008.

1. baitnwait

baitnwait New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I have been fishing Lake Norman for a number of years but in spite of some 20 plus fish days I had been unsuccessful at bringing in a blue cat over 20lbs.
    After attending a catfish seminar by "tomahawk" late last year I took his advice as soon as I got internet service and joined the BOC. When I seen the pictures posted by members of huge cats I knew I'd come to the right place to learn what I was doing wrong. After studying some of the tips and info I took "LakeNormanBlues" advice, changed tactics and tried a more serious attempt at drifting last saturday in spite of the rain. My partner and I ended up with a total of 12 blues, 2 bass, and a striper. The high point of the day was when three of our four drift rigs were slammed by a trio of 20lb class blues at one time! A 19, 23, and a 24!
    Just want to say thanks to you guys for freely sharing tips and information that helped make possible for such an awesome trip! And a special thanks to Mac for the local tips since I mainly fish Norman myself. Now.......for that 30 pounder.

2. Pier Pressure

Pier Pressure New Member

State:
    Mt.Pleasant,NC
    Sounds like you paid your dues and that thirty will be coming soon, good report.

3. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Thanks for the report man! Sounds like you're well on your way to becoming a master drift fisherman. Keep it up and that 30 will be in the boat in no time flat.

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sound like you had some good advice, hopefully soon you will start catching a bunch

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    DANG!! Thats a heck of a days catch!!! Great report! :wink:

6. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Dennis, were you fishing above the Hwy. 150 bridge or below it. Thanks, Mac

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the BOC, This site will get you the fish you want. All the info you could ever need is right here. Congrats and welcome

8. baitnwait

baitnwait New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Mac I was fishing above hwy 150 near the first island above the state park in 25 - 30ft of water.

9. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Bro., do you recall what the surface water temp. was? Thanks

10. baitnwait

baitnwait New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Sorry Mac, I don't have enough post just yet for a PM. But the water temperature was 55 degrees if I remember correctly.