Rainy day blues.

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by daniel-delarosa, May 26, 2007.

1. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    Man, I want to go fishing so bad I can taste it! Im sitting here trying to decide on if I should load up the boat and head to the lake. I live by a lake that is loaded with Hybrids. Anyone ever do any good in the rain while fishing for Hybrids?

2. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana

yeah we sure have, even in dowpour we were using crawlers and they were biting like crazy, we cuaght one full basket full in a half hour. we had 6poles out for 3 of us and couldnt keep up. i would say hit it buddy

3. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Just throw the rain suit on and get wet! Hell, the fish are already wet, they don't mind the rain, LOL.

4. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    I ain't against fishing in the rain.

5. SunburntAgain

SunburntAgain New Member

State:
    Tulsa, OK
    Some of the best fishing Ive ever had has been in the pouring rain. In high pressure fishing situations I've found that when your lure hits the water and makes a large commotion in otherwise calm water fish immediately become wary of your lure/bait. When rain is disturbing the entire surface and creating quite a racket for anything underwater I think it makes the splash of the the lure less pronounced. Wind can do the same thing. And thats my hair brained idea idea of the day. :tounge_out:

6. daniel-delarosa

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    I just got back. Got 6 hybrids and 2 small mouth bass. Im sure glad that I went, as I pulled up to the boat ramp the rain stopped:big_smile:. It didnt start back up till I left at sunset.

7. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Daniel... looks like you answered your own question...

The best time to go fishing is when you can go... Even a biteless day on the water is better than a day at work.

8. okiehillbilly

okiehillbilly New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Fishin in the rain is my favorite, except when its cold

9. osageCo_flathead

osageCo_flathead New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Man those hybrids are a blast to catch and are great for the table....that is what they are in the water for as well. We did really well this year on our home waters as well...caught more than a few over 10 pounds.

10. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Glad you went Daniel. My favorite thing about fishing in the rain, is that other jokers usually don't do it and I"ve got it to myself. I just don't care much for fishing around a crowd, and things like rain and cold keep the "fair weather" fishermen in the house.:lol:

11. daniel-delarosa

State:
    seminole, oklahoma

man, where do you fish? the biggest I have caught around here is 2 1/2-3 pounds.

12. osageCo_flathead

osageCo_flathead New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    these lakes in Northern Oklahoma like Skiatook and Birch have some nice ones....surprised me because we caught more and bigger hybrids in my backyard that the real thing on Texoma....But man did we catch some big blues on Texoma!!!

13. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    I have had good luck when it was raining. I just don't like the lightning in a jon boat.