Rainy day Blues - Any Luck Catching Blue Catfish In The Rain?

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by kenlaw76, Nov 28, 2008.

1. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Do any of you guys have any luck catching Blues in the rain? I am supposed to go next Sat. and the forcast has rain for Fri., Sat., and Sun. :sad2:.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Should not be a problem, but it will sure be cold if its raining. Good luck brother

3. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    The big blues in my images all came in the rain and cold.:big_smile:

4. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Rain or shine. The fish are already wet,LOL. Fish whenever you can. If you have a good rainsuit, wear it.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    If ya are goin where I think ya are he''ll be there. LOL! Good rain gear is the only answer. :wink:

6. Deepwater1

Deepwater1 New Member

State:
    Toccoa, GA
    Hey Kenlaw,

If you stay home, you'll wonder what you missed.

Saturday I went fishing on Lake Murray with Capt Chris Simpson (fightndablues.com). It rained, the wind blew, and it was COLD, but we caught a buncha blues.

If I hadn't gone, I would have wondered what I had missed. Only problem was, when we were traveling, I turned my back to the wind and some rain found it's way under my rain jacket and into my rain pants. Made for a slightly wet seat. ALL IN A DAYS FISHING. I'll wear my bid rain pants next time.

Deepwater1 :001:

7. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    yea you can still catch um.

8. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    Rain?? It's been so long since we've had any measurable rain, in the Texas Hill Country, it's scary. It's a good thing that we had a flood last summer, otherwise the lakes would be much lower than they are now. I hope it rains this next spring, otherwise it's going to be a bad situation. Bring on the rain, I'll fish in it..... of course our temp isn't anywhere close to yours though....lol

9. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I wouldn't worry about the rain. They'll still be biting unless there's some sort of major front accompanying the rain. Just get a good rain suit and head out!

10. cbiblis

cbiblis New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i to went fishing on Sunday. I didn't have any luck. I found some schools but wasn't getting strikes. I had my fishing barometer with me and it held firm never did stack off enough to cause a Rapid change in pressure. This i think is why myself and others have good luck in the rain. Cabela's has the same one i have on clearance right now for a 12 dollars (normally 35 dollars when i bough mine) http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...-box.jsp.form23&Go.x=0&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1
    You might want to get one to try it out next time your in the rain. It saves standing in the rain in anticipation. I prop my poles and sit in the dry until the barometer tells me to go sit next to them.

11. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Man I go when ever I get a chance to go!! Rain or shine. I catch blues in the rain and cold all winter in south east texas. Some of the best day's I have had have been cold wet coudy days with a drizzle falling. Now I will not go out in a thunder and lightening storm but I have got caught in them and rode several out under a tree. lol Anyway that my take on it, If I get to go I will go fishing!!! :)