Rainy Day Blue Catfish

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by vlparrish, May 11, 2006.

1. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Yesterday it was raining here and since I couldn't do anything else I went fishing. I left my house at three o'clock and headed for the river. After launching I went about 500 yards above the boat ramp and got some shad with the cast net. Then I proceeded to do the 15 or 20 minute run to one of my favorite holes. I got there and started baiting poles and throwing them out. while I was baiting the second or third pole the first one bent double. I proceeded to catch fish like this all afternoon. At 8:00 pm I decided to head back to the ramp. I had caught nine blues from 1 to 30 pounds, six channels from 1 to 10 pounds and six flatheads from 1 to 12 pounds. I had one double and a triple. They were all caught on small threadfin shad hooked whole. Vern

2. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Wow Vern!!!! Let me see, unless I missed something that's 21 fish in five hours. That is an average of just over four fish per hour or one every 15 minutes. Now that's what I call some action. Great trip.:smile2:

3. slickback

slickback New Member

State:
    Kansas
    That's the kind of trip i need to go on!! Congrats

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Nice work Vernon. This time of year is great for using live threadfins for some hungry prespawn blues. I usually have banner days when its raining also. I think its probably due more to the overcast layer than the rain. Nice to see a Bro out there whacking some cats. Great Job.

5. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I am a big time believer in rainy day blues. I caught most of my best blues in those conditions

6. stonemaster

stonemaster New Member

State:
    versailles, ky.
    Vernon; where is bedford ky. I am here in versailles and my mouth is watering thinking of the day of fishing you just had. If you ever want someone to go fishing with you I would love to bring my boat go with you sometime.Arkie 55 is giving me some pointers but you live within my driving range.

7. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    It May Have Been Rainy but Certainly Not Gloomy For You,:0a23: Elliot

8. Steve W

Steve W New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Your killin me Vern, that's a career day for some of us, good job

9. rpcathunter

rpcathunter New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I want some of that he's having.

10. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    pictures please, I catch nothing so I need to see other peoples fish to keep myself after them. LOL