Rainmaker

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Andy52, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    We were a little off topic in the "summer cold front post" when kutter asked what bait we'll be using. The Rainmaker and DWB were supposed to come up here on the 30th to do some jugging (attended) weather permitting. DWB will be out of town and can't make it. The long range forecast looks good for the 30th. Now how many think "The Rainmaker Will Cometh"? I'll be out on the river Friday with some buddies at work Bowfishing so bait won't be a problem. How many 100s of pounds can you use in one day? Know some good places to get live bait if that's the preference. SO.....will the "Rainmaker Cometh"?:smile2::smile2::wink:

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Let's see now, you can ask Grump, Manny, CuzICan, & ah, oh yeah, DWB. Don't ask anyone else, they would lie to ya. It aint my fault some folks melt too easy.:wink:
    Oh, definitely don't ask Rat!!:eek:oooh::wink:

3. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    If he comes, then I'm sure it will be a wet trip. The Truman G2G made me a believer. :wink:

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Now now now Seth or whatever your name is today. As you well know, I fished the day away with CuzICan & Mike Jake and not one drop did we see fall. Ask them, they will verify that my words are true.

Long after we got off the water, nearly 15 minutes, I do believe a few drops fell. I cannot be held responsible for all rain when I am not even on the water.:wink:

5. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    True, we got off the water seconds before it cut loose and technically you was off the water. On the other hand, I was in the same campground as you getting poured on the rest of the evening so you still lived up to your reputation. :smile2:

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I'm sorry, but you must have me confused with someone else. First off, the only reputation I have is one that is only known by women, and is quite a positive one.:cool2:
    You on the other hand, have a completely different type of reputation. One known only by poor little innocent members of the Cervidae family.:crazy::wink:

7. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois
    Ya'll have got to stop with all the big words! First it was DWB and now Kutter and I am spending alot of my time in Wickepedia looking up definitions.:confused2:

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I can personally attest to the rain making ones abilities first hand. Trust me, you will want to arm yourself with rainsuit, umbrella, and hail tarp. It would be wise to heed these recommendations lol

9. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Lol I like the answers that have been posted. As was said it's gonna get wet!

10. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I humbly apologize, Phyllis. I just couldn't bear to use the word White**** Deer around Seth. You know how he gets when around deer t**l's.:wink:

11. Andy52

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Mrs Okie, you can hardly compare Prof. Kutters post about "Odocoileus Virginianus" to the ones that DWB has made.

12. Andy52

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Got 2 military ponchos and one Gortex rainsuit in the boat. 2 bilge pumps, that I'll make sure to check before we leave. Can onyone think of something else I should bring? Within reason.

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Garbage can lid for the hail, and I think your in business my man :smile2:

14. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Fiberglass rods would be ok, but please leave the graphite ones at home.:wink:

15. Andy52

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Oh My......lightening Rods? :crazy:

16. Andy52

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    I've got a plastic tote that I keep misc. gear in. Could I just empty it and put that over my head for the hail?

17. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Hey Mark, should I bring my 16 oz banksinkers so we can anchor a few of them?

Dan, I don't know what you said came up, but you will be missed...................................when Mark & I only have to divide the fillets two ways!!! :wink:

18. Andy52

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Wouldn't be a bad idea. As long as there aren't to many other fisherman on the river that day. We can set some close to the riprap lines. I just don't want to hog to much of it if there are a lot of other boats.

19. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Won't be any other boats there!
    [​IMG]

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    A very appropriate little smiley indeed. :smile2: