"Raining Cats" Wheeler lake

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Southerncats, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Southerncats

Southerncats New Member

State:
    Alabama
    We had another one of those super special trips yesterday.....I guess the heavy flow we are getting now really has them feeding we only fished two area's all day we made maybe 5 anchors and landed 15 Big Cats......as most of you know here in Alabama we have been in a drought for 3 years, but the wet December we have had seems to be turning the cats on in a big way....It was raining steady for most of the day, and even with rain gear the water found a way in....However when the line is getting stretched regular alittle cold rain doesn't bother you much....Ronnie and his son had caught 12 cats including a 73,67,55,44,41, and several in the 30's and 20's by 2 oclock and decided to call in re-inforcements his friend "Red" and his nephew to fill in for them.....we caught 3 more cats before quitting time a 51,39, and 26 lbs.

Ronnie is a lifelong fisherman but just recently he has got into fishing for Trophy Cat's, I think it's safe to say he is hooked....he had recently purchased a couple rods from Steve Brown at catfishsafari and he got to break them in right on a 73 and 67 pounder...and of course we were using the trusty Team Catfish circle hooks.....all cats caught on cut skipjack.

Attached Files:

2. Southerncats

Southerncats New Member

State:
    Alabama
    More pics

Attached Files:

3. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    TY for the story and pic's, glad to hear someone is catching big fish!!! Congrats on all the big blues you all cought.

Cassk

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    All I can say is "WOW"! :cool2: That is one incredible day of fishing! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: Congrats Mike and thanks for posting the great pics! :big_smile:

5. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    Nice fish bro....I'm in need of a day similar, big time! Been skunked up here on the Ohio, the last three trips. We've have had similar conditions this year. Just not producing like I thought it would with the water finally up, or at least not for me.:embarassed:

6. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Very impressive fish Mike! Congrats!!

7. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    congrats and thanks for the pics.

8. sltrnsam

sltrnsam New Member

State:
    Iowa
    great job on catching those cats, like i said in my reply to are trip i was wondering how you where going to top that one. i see you had no problem. hope to get back down there next year.

clayton

9. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Wow, what an amazing trip! Thanks for the report and pictures.

10. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    I know if I'm ever down that way ,I need to look you up FOR the guided tour Bro!!.:big_smile::big_smile: Man thats what I'm talking about right their,It could have came up a hail storm and I would have stayed LOL..:cool2:

11. brew1961

brew1961 New Member

State:
    West Virgi
    Mike, those are some nice fish! Way to go!

12. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Congrats on another great trip Mike, I hope I get to get back up to TN while their generating so much. Looks like more rain is headed here for the end of the week :big_smile:.

13. HOLD-ACCOUNT

HOLD-ACCOUNT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Outstanding......Send us a report and 3 pictures. We will put the great news on the Bait and Tackle news at TeamCatfish.com......:cool2:

14. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    WOW, Great trip!! CONGRATS

15. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Mike those are some nice Blues.

16. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    boy howdy what a catch.....I need to find me a hole like that:wink::wink::wink:

17. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    jason just keep it up tony will get youuuuuu

18. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Wow,A very memorable day indeed. Congrats on the haul.

19. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Now that was a trip. And your right, bad weather is nice when the bite is on.
    Thanks for the pictures.
    Pete

20. wigginsdano59

wigginsdano59 New Member

State:
    alabama
    mike, nice trip. I hope to see you next year on one of your trips.