Rained Out Fishing Week-Daddy's Creek, Byrd Lake, and Obed River

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by festus, Sep 20, 2009.

1. festus

festus New Member

Last week I had intended on fishing 2 days, but the rain never stopped. I did get to fish one place-Daddy's Creek before the lightning ran us away, but I only caught 2 bluegill, a smallmouth, and a yellow bullhead in about half an hour.

But I did manage to get a few photos-awesome scenery!

These 3 photos are made just a few hundred yards below my house. This creek is the Little Emory River, and it also runs through my backyard.

2. festus

festus New Member

These photos are made on the Catoosa Wildlife Management Area in the west end of the county I live in. This is Daddy's Creek, this little hole of water is called the Devil's Breakfast Table. This creek has plenty of catfish, muskies, smallmouths, redeyes, and assorted sunfish.

No kidding, it's been raining here for a week, and rain is in the forecast for another week. I heard it really flooded in Cookeville.

3. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Thanks for sharing. Id love to have that in my back yard...

4. 01ssrms

01ssrms New Member

State:
    TN
    that looks like a really cool area to explore, will have to look up some more info.

5. festus

festus New Member

Ross, google Daddy's Creek or Obed River or Emory River and you'll find all kinds of information. Daddy's Creek is really out in the sticks. Probably 20 miles from the nearest house, or maybe it just seems that way. You can drive to Crossville and take the Peavine Fire Tower Road and get there. We saw dozens of turkeys on the trip, but unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate.

6. festus

festus New Member

We didn't get to fish Byrd Lake either. It was raining too much to even get pictures, but I did copy a picture of the dam from the Internet. This lake is located right outside Crossville and is stocked with rainbow trout, catfish, bass, and bream.

We've already had about 5" of rain the past week and they're predicting two more inches today. The rivers are just too high to fish unless you found a bridge somewhere and use downriggers. :angry::crazy::confused2::sad2: