Rainbow Lake/Sleepy Hollow

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Dave200518, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Dave200518

Dave200518 New Member

State:
    Ashley, Michigan
    I was looking to take my boat out with my buddies and am either looking to go to Rainbow Lake or to Sleepy Hollow.
    I was just wondering where the better catfishing would be. I would like to try for some flatties, but would like to get my friends into some nice channels (first time catfishermen).
    If anybody has any recommendations for any lakes, or secret spots:wink:, that would be awsome.

Thanks,

Dave

2. Mel Drummond

Mel Drummond New Member

State:
    Morrice, Michigan
    Dave, I just started fishing catfish last year and we fished Lake Ovid (Sleepy Hollow) quite a bit. Did real well on the channels. As far as I know there are no flatheads in there. Have been there three or four time this year. Has been a disappointment every time. I don't know what the problem is, thought we might be too early at first but water is warm now. There is a lot more Millfoil than last year. Am thinking of trying it again soon. I have never fished Rainbow Lake. If you try it let me know how you do.
    Mel

3. McCatfish11

McCatfish11 New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Sleepy Hollow (lake Ovid) does have some real nice channels in it that we catch every year. This year we have yet to catch any, but havent fished it as much. Earlier this year I had something hit a 7 inch bluegill very hard but lost it shortly after hooking it. Coulda been a musky. I've heard that there are flatheads in there but they are few and far between. It was created by damming the little maple so It could have them from that. As for secret spots, some nights its here, some its there. It seems like they move around. Good Luck

4. Whiskerwhacker

Whiskerwhacker New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Ditto on above Ovid comments. As far as Rainbow lake goes, it is a private association so you need to have permission or property to have access. I assume you know this but wanted to make sure you did.

5. Dave200518

Dave200518 New Member

State:
    Ashley, Michigan
    yeah, my buddy lives on rainbow, so he could get me on. Well, I think I'm going to try rainbow and see how I do.