Rain

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Leakyboat, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

We are finally getting some rain,got about a 1/2" so far this morning.Will take anything we get.
    Leakyboat

2. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Yes, it is Raining in Dallas. Almost forgot what that wet stuff was. It'll take a few weeks of rain to even start to help our poor ol' lakes out. But this is a start.:)

3. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I got to turn on my windshield wipers for 10 m's today. Came back hone and it had rain just enough to wet the driveway. Hope we get more. My lake is as lowest as I have ever seen it in over 20 years. Partly because of dry conditions and partly cause of a new pipe line they put in bout 3 years ago. I can walk 30 yards from normal level to where water is now and further in other spots. I'm finding all kinds of stuff on beach part. LOL. Only one boat ramp I know of where I might could launch.
    I haven't used boat in I think a year or so. Next couple weeks I wanted to crappie and cat fish at same time but I got to use boat to get to creek channel.

My yard has turned to dirt. When we do get a good rain, we be talking mud.

4. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Dano,

We got some light rain here today. Kinda off and on rain, not enough to speak about.

We need some serious rain here, lake is down 4ft from normal.

Come on Rain...

5. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    we got some real nice rain up here in around texhoma today! I glad to see it and could use some more! :)

6. lilrivercatman

lilrivercatman New Member

State:
    Iowa
    ya here in iowa there is supposed to be a huge snow storm tonight......but yepp its soo dry here i can see the bottom of the river all the way accross the river.................... :sad:

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Happy to hear of the rain.... I know many areas here in the US are in desperate need of H2O

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Well we need rain. Keep hearing from the weather man it's gonna rain.......we've not seen any yet. Clouds are there, only they look like snow clouds. Don't think that's gonna happen either. It's suppose to be in the 60's here today for at least 10 min. at 4 o'clock. LOL. Tomorrow it's gonna hit 70 again.

I may have to pull the rain stick out of the closet and let it do it's magic.

9. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Hey Cheryl, Point that stick our way. We got enough rain to make the bone heads come out on the highways, if you know what I mean.It's been so long since we had rain, one lake here in North Texas had closed. Alot of the boat ramps are almost out of the water at other lakes also.

10. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    We just had a nice 2-3 hour storm. I had to go out and watch it. I like watching storms. It got bad for a little while. LOL. Still raining. We needed the rain real bad. Hope we get about a week of it. Temp is about 60 right now.

Yelp, Looks like East Texas winter sit ing in. :D

11. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Dano, all we got in Dallas was a bunch of wind. Blow the window screens right of the house. I would guess we had gust up to 45mph or more. Thought my big trees out back were gonna come down. Very lil rain today, mabe a trace.

12. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Did you point that stick this way? It's raining like hell here and has been all day.