Rain!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by skeetermagnet, Mar 30, 2007.

1. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    We asked for it! :smile2: Looks like we got it. My neighbor's rain guage has 4inches in it, not including today's. The rain this week has to be raising the lake levels and make the rivers roll. If it keeps going like this I'm going to have to buy some pontoons for my lawn mower.

So how does your favorite fishing hole look? Is your lake filling up again? Is your favorite creek or river pushing the banks a little wider right now?

2. troyedm

troyedm New Member

State:
    edmond oklahoma
    if thunderbird is still 10&1/2' low there has to be something wrong. got mine and my friends boat out front and i may need them to get to the store.

3. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Altus Lake has come up 4' in the past week. Today alone is going to be up a good foot. The water will be rushing into the lake for the next week or more. It should be very very good for lake levels. When we started the winter, we were at 9% of lake capacity, that's about 33 feet low. No, not a typo that's 33 FEET low. It's coming up rather rapidly now. If the weather keeps this up, it'll be full again in no time. I haven't seen the lake full in 6 years. It'll be great fishing!

4. snakeman455

snakeman455 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Don't know too many fishing spots around here yet, but I am glad for the rain. I can't wait to actually go and get a line wet again.

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Guthrie Lake looks like it is up about 1 1/2 just today... and the water is running. Glad I don't have to pay this water bill. Course the tornado's are ripping around also putting a premium on the water we have got. LOL

6. Mark R.

Mark R. New Member

State:
    Rush Springs, OK
    My gauge (a 5 gallon bucket) picked up 6 1/4" the last couple days, 4.5 plus inches of that yesterday, came down hard.
    There were road closings around here, my driveway is washed out.
    We really needed it.

7. troyedm

troyedm New Member

State:
    edmond oklahoma
    yea, the storms last night were kinda close huh?

8. catdaddy26

catdaddy26 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The river is around 23 foot .And the surrounding pits are getting high also.I will be a week or two before getting on the river here.

9. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I think I was a frog in a life raft!

10. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I think I saw a frog in a life raft!

11. KingCatBrad

KingCatBrad New Member

State:
    Duncan, Oklaho
    Well I had one of my fav stock channel cat ponds and a brand new 15 acre pond get destroyed from the rain. They were a 20 acre pond and a 15 acre pond. Both of them had two ponds up creek from them that over flowed and ran straight into them. The 20 acre pond had a 20 foot wide by about 26 foot deep chunk fall out about middle of the dam. It was only a three year old pond but I had caught numerous 20 lb+ cats out of it. The 15 acre pond was built in Jan and was set up to run around the side of the dam when it got to full but it filled up when we had that ice storm. B/C of that it had no time for the dam to settle. When the floods came it washed out the entire dam. From building the new pond and stocking it about six grand down the drain. Time to start all over. I will post some pics as soon as I not so sick to my stomach from looking at them.

12. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    That stinks about the dams breaking on those ponds. :sad2: Was there any water left in it to support what fish didn't get washed out?

I saw on the news last night that Arcadia was up 4 1/2 ft. It was high enough that they were started to release some water. I can't remember the last time they did that. It is good to hear though.

13. KingCatBrad

KingCatBrad New Member

State:
    Duncan, Oklaho
    No, there was only about a half foot to a foot left in both of them and they were slowly draining out. I'm just going to knock the rest of the dams down and start all over again. Now I can change anything that I didn’t like or just add something that I forgot to add or just want to add. Plus, I can make a detailed map of the ponds layout and bottom structure for my own reference. I just knew that something was going to go wrong with my new pond when it fill to max capacity in just two weeks. The deepest part was at the dam and about a one acre sect. that was 32 foot deep. I walked the creeks yesterday and couldn’t find any sign of my cats but did find a few bass and crappie. So they all wash into a Girl Scout pond and Duncan Lake. Good for them, Sux for me lol

14. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Lake Hefner has risen 4 feet since Friday and is still rising. The incoming water has not slowed since Friday.

catman george

15. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Hefner needed the water badly. Maybe that will mean that they don't have to get if from somewhere else now.

16. Lenape4

Lenape4 New Member

State:
    OK
    Has raised about 18" today. I am going to the Verdigris tommorrow and check a few on a few fishing spots from the bank.

17. LuniticFringeInc

LuniticFringeInc New Member

State:
    Texas
    DFW only got a little bit of rain from this last systems as it seems most was north or south of us, but as low as Lake Lewisville was last year I will gladly take every little precious drop we can get! We are about 4 ft below normal which is about 5ft deeper than where we were this time last year. Im hoping for another good foot or so before summer kicks in with a vengence...

18. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I went thursday after work, No cat's but I caught 11 Bluegill,I had a live Bluegill-a Bluegill head-Nightcrawler-and Hogwild Not even a bite,But I had fun with the Gills.The water is UP-UP-UP,Im going back on Monday..

19. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Got a report from Kaw lake Ponca City, my uncle said they had 3 flood gates open Monday and opened another before he left Monday afternoon. That means the spoonbill snaggin will be good if they keep running water like that.

20. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    had 4 inches here friday river flooded again they must have closed the gates at kaw because the chiakaski is going down here sunday morning