Rain & Storms

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by grizzly, Aug 21, 2006.

1. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    Who got rain today/tonight. We just got a nice little shower, not near what we needed but it also never got bad here. Oh I hear thunder in the north. Gotta go. grizzly

2. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    WE Got a pretty nise shower here in Beebe more wind than rain:big_smile:

3. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    We got a good rain here in Conway and some wind. Had some trees down up the street a ways. Our electricity was out for 1 1/2 hours.

What part of the state are you in Brian?

st

4. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    I am here in fort Sill, OK today, nothing but lots of heat and humidity. Looking forward to returning to Tennesse tomorrow.

5. Rogue

Rogue New Member

State:
    US Louisiana
    yea went out to check my acerage man it dry hoping no lightning ignites it please rain

6. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    Greg, I am in Griffthville, I know that doesn't help much. It's between Searcy and Des Arc on HWY 11. I think I saw where you used to live in Beebe. As the crow flies I'm probably 12 miles northeast of Beebe. grizzly

7. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    I was kind of asleep most of the day yesterday, but I did hear it rumbling a couple different times, enough to wake me up and thats not easy to do.... LOL Just ask Tinboat or Coach , I dont wake easy..... We got about 1/2" rain according to the gauge. Believe there was a report of a tornado north of me. No real damage.

8. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Brian, Yeah I know where Griff is. I worked at Vickers, now Eaton, there in Searcy for like 18 years. I know a bunch of folks from Griff. Do you know Dale and Randall Raye, Kent Bunker or Kelly Chapman? That's all I can think of off the top of my head. My brother-in-law is the pastor of Garner Baptist Church.

What water do you mainly fish? One of my favorites up that way was Glaise Creek up at Hurricane.

ST

9. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    We got an inch and a quarter up here in the north. Lots of lightning up further north. Probably Missouri catching it again. They always get most of the rain around here. Ground still dry down a few inches when you dig.
    It's keeping the grass nice and green however. Gonna have to mow again this week.

10. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    Hey Greg, I graduated high school wih Dale's 2nd oldest daughter, and Kelly's wife Kathleen is my 2nd cousin I think. Her and my dad were 1st cousins. We never fished together but in he same area and Kelly use to catch some nice flatheads out of Des Arc Bayou. The Bayou is where I like to fish but the farmers have it pumped to low to use right now. We put out some lines in Des Arc Lake yesterday and right now I'm just waiting on Sam to show up so we can go run them. grizzly

11. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Last couple of days we have had about 4'' at Plainview. We have the creeks running into Nimrod again.

12. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Well, It is a small world ain't it. I had a hand in training Kelly when he first started at Vickers. Do you know any of the Ursery's over that way? Daddy had a sawmill for about 20 years and was good friends with them.
    I hope y'all catch a boat load tonight. Be sure to let us know how ya did.

st

13. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    It is a small world. I was never around the Ursery's much, just sort of knew them, but they are going strong making pallets every time I pass thier place. They finally hired some Mexican's and said they are the best workers they have ever had. Some of the same Mexican's were on my crew when I inspected lumber at the flooring mill and they are good guys and great workers. I haven't seen Kelly for a while, but I've been told his mind is starting to go. I hate that, he was always a good guy. Oh yeah, didn't catch a thing, not even a gar. grizzly