Rain status in GA in your area?

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by r ward, Dec 10, 2008.

1. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Well I live almost center of Ga, and it looks like it is raining everywhere what about your part of the state

2. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    it's coming down good here.....the lake looked high and muddy on my way home from work today. It's not cold though....I'm almost thinking about going to throw for some bait. Or I might just sit here and talk about it......

3. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    How's that river down south lookin? ya'll should have plenty of water by now....

4. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    I had some plans to go today but the rain squashed them.... when do the waters start warming up around here? march?

5. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Had a tornado watch and flood warning this morning. Chattahoochee is up.

6. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    that sounds like my kinda fishin conditions there, lol

7. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Almost 2.5 inches here this mornin' and the Oost is risin' and muddy. This was a really warm rain too, 60+ degrees, i'm sure the water temps have risen several degrees too. The warming water and increased flows could make for some good fishin' right now.

8. goshawk

goshawk New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I was looking at the weather and with the temperatures warm, if there is a break in the weather, it could be nice. I'm going to get up in the morning, drink a cup of coffee (OK two cups) and if it looks good, may swing up to the Big Lazar wild life management near Talbaton GA area to try a bit of luck.

Looks like cold weather is close behind this front.

If no break in the weather, may just sit and watch you tube videos :big_smile:

Pat

9. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    We have had rain here in arky land for the past 2or 3 days every time I can go its raining

10. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    im thinkin about bankin it tomorrow morning.....

11. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Just put on a raincoat the fish don't mind the rain

12. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Do ya thang, Aaron......Then come back with some more pics of monster flats for us. :big_smile:

13. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA

I bet... I saw your HOF entry Aaron. That's when that jumbo Flathead came out :wink:

We have gotten quite a bit good rain.

14. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    well ya'll sure are encouraging......im gonna go see if i can net some bait and give her a try.....actually that same spot i caught that flathead i can drive through a field and watch my polls right from the car....i guess if i get some bait i can fish till the front passes.....

15. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    good luck man, hope you land one.

16. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Hardcore! :cool2:

17. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    well i caught 1 decent sized shad that was about 6 inches and 3 bream. got to the bank and was fishing by about 10.....soon after my 12' surfrod went down good! I felt the fish briefly then it was hung....that was on the cut shad......as im re-tying my rig another rod goes down real good! picked it up and got what looked like a 12# blue to the bank......had a quick release as he got off right before i bent down to get him. Had one more rod go down good that ended up getting hung. I think i'm getting hung up on the drop off at this spot......it's a point that's only about 3 ft deep about 30 yrds out, then it quickly drops down to about 24 ft.......I think im getting hung on the quick drop. maybe i should put peg floats on my leaders for this spot and see if it helps. I was only there for about 30 minutes until i ran out of the lil bit of bait i had. Got hit with a pretty good downpour while i was out too, it's nice to be able to pull the car right up and listen to music, lol. I think this is gonna be my go-to foul weather bank fishin spot.

18. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    i wish i had spent a lil more time getting bait, i didn't know the bite was gonna be like that........looks like the rain and the front are about to pass...I hope we get alot of weather like that in the spring, I'll be fishing right out of the car, lol.

19. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    LOL BassMassey, I'm starting to get worried about you. :go: LMAO

20. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    hey, what's wrong with watching rods from the car if the weather is bad? I can sit and listen to the radio and the severe weather warning......when ya coming down creteus? you can sit shotgun....:amazed: