Rain Raising Havoc ...

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by RetiredToFish, Mar 19, 2008.

1. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Since 8:00 AM on Tues. the Licking River in Newark has risen 11 feet 4 inch ... We haven't had as much rain locally as some other places. According to Weather report we could get another 4 inches of rain. If this be the case we could expect the worst flooding on record which occurred in January 1959. Record flood levels at that time was 20 feet 3 inches. The current level is 16 feet 7 inches. This amount of water is going to affect fishing in Dillon for weeks if not more than a month and then the Muskingum and then the Ohio. With all of the rain elsewhere in the state at the same time, it doesn't look like much good, SAFE fishing for weeks to come.

So ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls .... Don't let your eagerness to go fishing override your common sense and safety and venture out and get yourselves hurt or even worse ..... Garry-

2. Phillybass

Phillybass New Member

State:
    Mansfield, OH
    Good advise keep it safe hit the back waters.:cool2::cool2::cool2:

3. Brent Nickel

Brent Nickel New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Amen to that. We've been eyeing up a few places that we can get to regardless of the water levels, but they don't involve dealing with the current. Haven't caught anything yet, but it's still nice to get out of the house.

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    SISSEY FISHING TIME!
    Dont no one take it to heart thats my crews slang for pond/small lake fishing-and non cattin:eek:oooh:know what I mean:wink:

5. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Hey Kenny ... Nothing sissy about it ... If it is sissy then I guess I would rather be a live sissy then a dead or maimed "Macho Man" .... :cool2: Garry-

6. Phillybass

Phillybass New Member

State:
    Mansfield, OH
    I've pulled some nice cats fishing back waters of some lakes around here and still breathing doing it:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    its definetly getting interesting outside..... maybe by july things will be back to normal:smile2: rollo

8. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    The big river is cresting Sunday at around 53 ft, we'll keep our fingers crossed it heads back down and stays that way, not just for fishing, but also for the poor folks who are directly impacted by this crap. If anyone has realestate close to any river or streams please be safe, and if it looks like you should get out, don't think about it.............. DO IT.:embarassed:

9. dademoss

dademoss Member

State:
    Ohio
    Probably means most of the holes have moved too, have to start all over again looking for the good spots.

10. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i am going Canoeing this weekend, gonna be a blast!!:crazy::eek:oooh::wink:

11. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    i guess my sandbar i fished from last summer on the muskingum will be about a mile downriver? Hopefully i can still get to it....lol...might have to have you check on it for me skip? lol

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    looks like its about over with.:eek:oooh: anyone wanna go look for nightcrawlers?:roll_eyes: rollo

13. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Ours is supposed to crest sometime Thursday evening.

I have already offered the services of one 20 foot SeaArk with a Jet on it to the Sheriffs department.

I was out in the county today and had to chuckle at someones comment to fish the backwaters. Heck to fish here you are going to have to set up on a State Route, so stay on the correct side of the white line.

Guys, be careful out there. 1 foot of flowing water is enough to wash a car off the road.

I don't want to have to try to find you in the Ark, SeaArk that is.

14. Phillybass

Phillybass New Member

State:
    Mansfield, OH
    You guys must be getting it worse then we are here creeks haven't blown there banks yet:smile2::smile2::smile2:

15. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    These pictures I took around the Wakatomika creek that runs on the north end of town towards Trinway.....rollo

Attached Files:

16. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The first one is another from the Wakatomika... The others are the Muskingum at the south end of town...rollo

Attached Files:

17. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    hate to say it, but its only gonna get worse in some of these areas. I will try to get out tomorrow and post some more around when the river crests... rollo

Attached Files:

18. melstangman1967

melstangman1967 New Member

State:
    missouri
    getting alot of rain here alot of creek and river flooding i am close to missouri and mississippi

19. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    its still coming up! i may have to help my uncle move his water house! rollo

20. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    if your floating under the armpits, and you are hoping you will bottom out! you might wanna check out these........rollo