Rain Rain Rain

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Don Wessling, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    Well I guess the drought of last summer is officially over. In the past 24 hours I got 5 inches, with another 3-5 inches forcast by noon tomorrow. I live 25 miles northwest of Rend, so Rend is full for sure. When I crossed the Big Muddy on Rt. 15 comming home from work, the water was a foot from comming over the highway. Being a boat mechanic and fisherman, the water is welcome, well, maybe not this much at one time, but its better than nothing. I don't know what this will do for catfishing Saturday after the BOC meeting at Ryan's resturant, I assume it won't be to big a deterent.

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Along as it stops raining by then :eek:oooh: I just hope this isn't last year and this years total all at once.

3. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yup, aint it great. Its been dropping about a 1/2" an hour on us over hear on the border. I'de build an ark if I wouldnt catch pneumonia doin it. LOL

4. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Well... now I am officially mad at Mother Nature. She decided to flood our finished basement... so now it is shop vac and carpet cleaner sucking time. Gallon after gallon of the lovely water being sucked out of the carpet. And what sucks is it is already starting to smell moldy and mildew. Gross!

As long as I know that the lakes and rivers are filling up to promise me less chance of ripping up another prop on the boat, then I know this little inconvenience was well worth it.

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Dang BW, that can be alot of work, hope ya get it all cleaned up......... with all your "Cabin Fever" this winter I hope you didn't toss out any jugs :wink:

6. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    What's funny is my jugs were in that water... but I did not get any bites. Must be the barometric pressure change.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brian only you can make a joke when everything is going wrong. Could it be that you forgot to bait them.:smile2:

8. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Oh no... it was baited. Aaron forgot to take the shad off from last year. Was still on the hook... man... i thought it was the mold and mildew smell of wet carpet. Apparently shad isn't meant to be kept on the hook for 5 months.

9. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    Brian just don't catch a new PB in the basement.:wink: That would be scary. I have a drop down living room that used to flood with this kind of weather. It is a chore to keep up with that water coming in. I finally cut a hole through the concrete, dug a hole and buried a plastic bucket with holes drilled in it to allow the water a place to come in. I dropped a sump pump in it and ran the hose to a drain I have in the utility room. I wish I had done it years before. Just a thought for the future:wink: See ya Saturday

10. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    we had all our heavy music equipment in the basement and it started flooding out while i was at work. the only person who was there to move all the thousands of dollars and hundreds of pounds of equipment from being destroyed was a 100 pound girl. props to her for getting all upstairs before it got wet!

11. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Dang Shane, that was a disaster in waiting :crazy: I foresee a little "spoiling" for a certain gal who saved a bit more than the day! Kudos to her!

12. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    well, the girl isnt actually "my" girl, she sings in the band. i spoiled her with lots of free beer though!

13. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    HMMM SDhane sounds like a lil woman saved you thousands of dollars and all you do is buy her beer lol. Just teasing bro:0a6:

14. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My basement/living room got the carpets soaked from all our rain. I had a travel trailer setting down at Castor river and it got 5' of water in it. Thank goodest I got insurance on it last year.