Rain Rain Rain!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by Dreadnaught, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Well, I have said in the past few months that we need some rain here, LOL! Well last night we got a little more than we really needed. As a matter of fact we got the lions share tipping the gauge at 7.18 inches in 12 hrs. You folks southof us should see the effects in the river levels pretty quick, so be carefull.
    I had to drive to work through 3ft of water in my driveway this morning. It had only dropped a ft when I came home for lunch and the rain ain't over yet. We are expected to have another 3 inches before this system leaves. If it ain't raining tonight I might just try my luck at some fishing, LOL :D :D :D

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Good luck, hope you catch a mess o' fish!!!

3. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Dread,will you be fishing in the driveway or some local body of water?LOL

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Jim, Right now it is all a local body of water, LOL!!!

Was thinking about hitting the river while it is on the rise, if weather permitts.

5. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    we need it down here to bro.s.c. way :D

6. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Here in frankfort we havent had much rain yet but according to the weather men bad weather is on the way.Theres a saying that goes be careful what you ask for ,you just might get it lol.

7. Schoe

Schoe New Member

State:
    Moline ILL.
    Here in West Central ILL we have had just enough rain and drizzle the last couple of days to make it a pain in the butt. I've been trying to get my deck finished up in between sprinkles with not much luck.

Our deer season starts here Fri. and I hope it straightens out before then. Schoe

8. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    :eek: By golly it rained it's butt off here in southern Illinois. wind blowed my chicken pens over and I had to chase them all over the place. I am so glad it is over. Now if it just wont rain, sleet or snow till March I will be happy.lol

9. shadow

shadow New Member

Rain, wind and tornado warnings all over yesterday evening. Madisonville,Ky had a bad one and a few people were trapped in a "C" store for a few hours before the rescue squad got them out. Many homes and businesses damaged. We were lucky here in Cadiz--just rain and a little wind. Hope you faired OK in Henderson J.W.

10. Schoe

Schoe New Member

State:
    Moline ILL.
    The last few days it's been either raining or drizzling just enough to keep me from doing my outside things. Then this morning when I woke up the ground is covered with snow and the wind is blowing very hard.

Can't wait to be in Fla. in Dec. Schoe

11. 1fishhead

1fishhead New Member

State:
    ky
    good luck to you man

12. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I guess I live south of you, in TN, but our creek flows north!

13. whisker bend

whisker bend New Member

State:
    georgia
    some of the best fishing i have ever had is during times like those if you have never tried fishing the mouths of good size creeks aND SALL TRIBUTARIES try it. when we get that much rain the fishing is unbelievable. it turns into work there is so much action. good luck.

14. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Its been raining up here in the north country for a week, but no more than half an inch a day just enought to make things miserable. The temps have been in the fifties, which is about ten degrees above normal for us. Tried fishing last week with no success. All indications are that its going to be a warmer than normal winter for the Northeast which is really going to hurt our ice fishing season.:sad2: