Rain,rain, go away

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by cathog, Sep 17, 2009.

1. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Come again another day. Man am I ever getting cabin fever. It has been raining here everyday for a solid week. I know we need the water, but enough is enough. I will have to use the tractor to get my boat out of the barn. Hopefully it will let up enough so I can do some fishing this weekend. I am beginning to think I live in Seattle:smile2::smile2::smile2:.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  2. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    We've had several days of rain this week also....man I wish it would stop for a couple weeks. I understand how ya feel. Frustrating:embarassed:

3. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yeah continuous rain is frustrating but knowing im at home taking care of my sick family it really doesnt bother me I just feel sorry for all the surrounding communities that are flooded and having to evacuate.:embarassed:

4. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    gurgle gurgle.. glub glub... blub..:eek:oooh:

oops sorry got to get my head above all the water...:tounge_out:

Been raining here like crazy too.. wife called me at work and told me dont' be surprised if ya can't get home tonite when ya get off.. the water is over the road..:crazy::sad2:

Well I made it... the rain slacked off long enough for the water to go down some and the road was clear but the water is still all the way up to the edge of the road and it's got the critters going crazy.

5. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Latest reports of 7+ inches of rain fell just east of us with around 4" here. Keep it safe your way Kevin. Seems like an unusual weather pattern.. steady temps and continuous rainfall..:eek:oooh:

6. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    No shortage on rain here. Good thing we live on a hill. I will be fishing the river this weekend rain or not.It is high and muddy but gota go Kev I may have to back off the dam and fish the area we all did when Johnnie and Tall was with us,might be a good spot:confused2:

7. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    I wish we would get some rain around here to raise these water levels. I would sacrafice a week from fishing to get these rivers up. The average depth of the neuse river is like 2-3 ft.

8. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    shoot this rain keeps up much longer and i'll be fishin the trinity river from my apartment lol

9. T Man

T Man New Member

State:
    Grenada MS
    I thought Texas always needed rain:smile2: You must need the rain You are getting it

10. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    I know about that cabin fever. I have been going crazy. I managed to get a couple jobs in this week between rain fronts. I am getting up early Saturday morning and heading to Vicksburg Ms. Met a brother BOC member and we are going to try to get in a little fishing on the Mississippi between showers. Everyone cross your fingers for us. Only have the one day so it will be a long day there and back.
    I have been wanting to try Tawakani for my first time. Maybe I will get to next weekend if the rain lets up.

11. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hang in there Gary and Brandon.

12. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Hay, cathog remember my want to trick.........
    If it keeps raining place the fish bowl by a tanning bed get ya pole out set a tight line , then of course turn on that recorded river music and lay in the tanning bed. It is a quick fix but it works if you are crazy like me
    ROFL
    LOL
    LOL