Rain-rain, go away

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flysure1, May 15, 2009.

1. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    come again another day, okay, this has gotten serious , it has been raining all day here in west central Illinois--(6 a.m.-4:15 so far) and has been heavy a lot of the time, the ground is full, school was let out early due to flooding roads, there is water running through the corn field behind my house where I have never seen it run in the 15 years I have lived here, ground water has been running through low lying houses, it is WET!

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Today is the first day we have not had rain this month. Fish are coming out on bank to keep from drowning because there is so much watter in the lakes and river.

3. FISHSKINNER

FISHSKINNER Member

State:
    Texas
    Name:
    Mike
    Man I wish ya'll would quit bragging, our rainfall total this year is 5.36"
    and it was something like August since we had any running water. Things are getting pretty serious around here all the stock tanks are starting to dry up

4. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    i've always wondered why we can pump oil or natural gas all over the country , and we can't pump water where it is needed .........
    right now , the misipy river here is running at 1.6 million cfs and it is in the neighborhood of 5 miles wide ............. seems to me like a few pumps along the way and we could send plenty of water to texas , arizona or where ever else they need it ....................
    i wouldn't doubt that some smart guy could figure out a way to generate electicity inside the pipe line to run electric motors to run the pumps ...:confused2:

5. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    I had know idea Texas was in that shape. It don't seem that long ago Texas
    was flooded and we were in drought conditions.