Rain Rain go Away, Come again Another Day!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Sunburn, May 13, 2008.

1. Sunburn

Sunburn New Member

State:
    Williamsto
    Weather man says we are going to get some kind or rain 5 out of the next 7 days AGAIN! Made a trip to town yesterday and the Ohio River is almost over the parking lot at the boat ramp AGAIN. Is this crap ever gonna end. 2008, the spring that wasn't. I'll bet when all the rain stops and it starts to warm up some, it goes right into "Dog Days". So hot and humid you'll have trouble just to breath. Sorry ya'll, just venting a little.

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hear ya, and I agree bad bad year!

3. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
  4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I like the river to be a up a little, but not to the point you cant even find a ramp. Its been a bad spring, for weather and for fish. Your right though, its gonna turn off and go right into 99 degree days, the river will drop with sky high water temps and no current.......cant wait...:angry:

5. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    I feel your pain guys and gals .... last year while living in Florida I averaged fishing 4 plus days a week ... so far this year I have been out fishing 8 times in 4 1/2 months .... Ouch! .... Last year I only had to worry about boat gas ... this year it is both car and boat gas ... sooooo ... probably looking at 5 or 6 times a month ... if the weather will brighten up .... Might as well go back to work .... Grrrrrrrrrrrrr ....:angry: Garry-

6. Sunburn

Sunburn New Member

State:
    Williamsto
    My foster Dad spends about 6 months each in Bradenton and Cincinnati. If you're here full time, what in the world would make a guy leave Florida for the great frozen north? ha ha ha. Much as like to go visit Pop when he's down there, there is just NO WAY I could live there full time. Too dang hot in the summer for this old fat boy.

7. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Yep, I now live here all of the time .... lived in Florida best part of 30 years ....

WHY? Two reasons .... first one ... Hurricanes .... Second ... I wanted to retire and not have to work .... I got hit with 3 hurricanes in 2004 and had enough of them ... and got out as soon as I could .... Had to sell house down there to be able to afford to quit working .... and Ohio is Home ... so here I am and still not able to afford it ...... LOL! ........ Garry- :angry:

8. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I know what you mean over here in Kentucky it suppose to rain alot to, im like you though im tired of seeing the rain I too wished it would go away, which we shouldnt have to much longer of spring left and hopefully we can get back to nice temps with not alot of rain.

9. Sunburn

Sunburn New Member

State:
    Williamsto
    If I ever got caught in one of those storms like that I'd scream like a school girl and be gone first chance I got. You're much tougher than me to have stuck it out that long. Anyhow, welcome home and good fishing!

10. Curly

Curly New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Up here in northwest ohio the weather chanel has predicted rain everyday for the last 30 days. Its a good thing they have been wrong. If we got as much rain as they predicted i would be building an arc and collecting every speices of animal....lol.

11. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    sunburn,i think we all feel your pain about this lousy weather :angry: