Rain question

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Topname, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Topname

Topname New Member

State:
    nc
    I was thinking of doing some night fishing in the rain tonight. Ok should I go to my usual spot or should I go to the hot hole? Btw I will be bank fishing any input would be appreciated

2. Cattn-Jeep

Cattn-Jeep New Member

State:
    NC
    I read somewhere that right before it rains the cats run around and grab up food real fast so they can hide from the storm. I've experienced this 2 of 2 times when fishing with a storm approaching...good luck!!

3. carolinamudcat

carolinamudcat New Member

State:
    Raleigh NC
    I went out last night and right before it started to rain I got some hard hits. Up until then they would play with it for a while and then take it but with the storm coming they would hit it and run bending my rods in half almost!

4. Hunter1978

Hunter1978 Active Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Name:
    Jamie
    Had good luck when storm front is coming in but when it arrives seems like the shut down, same with deer hunting. Just gotta watch the berometric pressure.

5. net man

net man New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    go fishing any time is a good time

6. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    I fish in any weather and haven't seen a big difference anytime. Last weekend we had a storm that rained over 2 inches with thunder and lightning and I was in my rain gear like a crazyman catching fish the whole time! Goodluck:wink:

7. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I agree with net man . Any day or night of fishing is better than a day or night of working , Rain sleet or snow . From my experiance I can tell you I'd fish the rain , just watch for than dirty old lightning . Good luck :wink::big_smile: