Rain-out on the LPD

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by InletFool, Jul 31, 2009.

1. InletFool

InletFool New Member

State:
    SC
    Caught 1/2 dozen keeper Bream and many small ones today before the storm hit.
    Where are the bigger ones holding at this time of year?
    Any tips for a hungry fisherman???

Thanks for a great website...I love it.

2. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Welcome to the BOC!

3. SWAMPRAT

SWAMPRAT New Member

State:
    south carolina
    we have been fishin on LPD a lot this year it was easy to catch big bream the first part of the year when we still had water and the last time we went bream fishin we had to fish about 10-15 feet away from the bank to catch anything decent. where r u fishin on the LPD. last sunday me and my daddy put in at cartwheel landing and caught 16 bass and 6 morgans and we went yesterday(saturday) and caught 23 we threw 3 little ones back. all of them have been anywhere from 1-5 lbs and we have lost a couple that would probably hit the 7-8 lb mark. most of the big bream r out in the deeper water i wish the river would come up to about 5 1/2 ft

4. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee

Bigger 1/2 lb- 1 lber bluegills will be hangin in the steep dropoffs to get plentiful bait and cooler water. Bank spots for gills would be in coves & sloughs with little white 1/16th rooster tails "Wordens" & the REBEL Crickhopper lure. That will catch you a bundle. Hope this helps. And all the thanks goes to the bossman Mr. Paul. Thx goes out to ya from me as well chief.

5. InletFool

InletFool New Member

State:
    SC
    Thanks for the tips...
    I have been launching at punchbowl as I live low dowm but I'm thinking of driving up towards Hwy378 soon.....
    Mitch