Rain on the Way?

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by blackwaterkatz, Aug 17, 2008.

1. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I hope it's not premature, but it's looking as though we will get some much needed rain to the upstate and mountains from TS Fay. I don't wish any hard luck on anyone, but it sure would be nice to see the rivers and lakes rising again. Too late for the farmers this year, I guess, but it would be much appreciated by them, too. Keep your fingers crossed, folks.

2. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    It would be nice to see some rain, Tommy. After being on Lake Greenwood a few times in the past week, it's starting to make me sick. It's down 4-5 feet there and you've got to get way out to find any deep water. I know some of the guys camping at the state park over there and they're having to park the boats WAY out. It's either you wade out 'til you're waist deep to get to the boat or just beach it and pray to the Good Lord Above that you'll be able to get back out on the water. It's a bad situation. Just keep praying. That's all I know to do.....

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Tommy, you blew it for us!!!

There are some small pockets in the lowcountry moving east to west, but most will stay way south of us.

4. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Oh, well! Shows ya how much I know, huh? I probably know as much as those other danged weather guessers! But, it ain't necessarily over yet; this storm has caused a lot of head scratchin'. :big_smile:

5. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Well, it took awhile, but the radar shows a little help up in the hills.

6. jerryrigg

jerryrigg New Member

State:
    travelers rest,s.c.
    hello tommy,i talked to you on another site a couple times.i just got on this site today.yes we are getting a little rain in the upstate today.several tornado warnings out rite now,and the rain is comming down pretty good.we hope to send yall a little water down the rivers lord knows we all need it.
    jerry

7. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Hey, Jerry! Glad to see you over here, and it's good to hear from you again. Hope you enjoy your time here; I know I do, because of some of the best catfisher(wo)men anywhere around. Hope this rain helps all you folks out upstate, and when you get what you need, send some on down to the low country, please. :big_smile:

8. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Welcome aboard:big_smile: glad to have ya. Lots of good people here:big_smile:.

9. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Good Lord, have sweet mercy on us.....so we can fish this weekend. We got DUMPED on tonight. I drive a truck on second shift every night to Greenville and back. I just got back about 25 minutes ago and it rained on me all the way up and all the way back. My prayers go out to the people in Clemson and around Lake Secession, where tornados touched down. But y'all are right.....we need every drop we can get.

Let me know if y'all start floating away. I'll throw ya a pair of water wings....:0a10::0a1:

10. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    My rain gauge shows 7 and 3/4 inches of rain here in Rock Hill. Now that has to put a dent in the ole' drought!

11. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Mudkip we got three inches yesterday by 6:00pm, so I emptied the rain guage last night and we got another five inches overnight, so that is around 8" in the past 30-36 huors.

Lake Wylie is 6" from full pond this morning, so water will be flowing down through the Catawba and Wateree Rivers for a few days.

12. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Looks like the water level at Santee has come up 8 inches since friday......and with these back to back storms coming, maybe we will get the needed rain without all the wind damage

13. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Ken, you're probably right about the rain, but from what I hear, the wind is gonna get nasty too, around the Upstate and Lakelands anyway. That's OK though. If it gets bad before I leave, the truck stays parked. If it gets bad in transit to Greenville, I'll pull it over. I don't want the wind catchin' that 53ft trailer the wrong way out on 385. Y'all will be seeing me on the news!

14. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Looks like Hanna may rip us off!!

It is going to be moving fast and won't probably make landfall til around Wilmington. It i supposed to hit early saturday morning, but I bet we will probably be sunny by Saturday afternoon.

Now Ike, if it should turn north and maintain strength, then it will be a butt kicker.