Rain in Oklahoma

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    since midnight we got 6 plus inches here:eek:oooh:......flash flooding all around:crazy:....someone want to trade me out of this okie weather?

2. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I will be honest and say if it will drive the heat out of here, I will take it. :wink:

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    All I know is that from 8:00 - 1:00 today we just had a little bit at Oolagah dam!!!

4. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    We had a little yesterday. Just enough to make it hotter and make the weeds grow a little. Going to be dusty and hot next mow

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    well, from 1am yesterday 'til noon we wound up with 8 inches....the river is out of its banks once again.:crazy:

6. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    On the positive side, that means they will keep runnin the water which will keep the fish a biting!

7. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hey, Phil, you better hop on your stinkpot and float this one out!

The week is up! :smile2:

By the way, it looks like the drought out this way has finally broken, a little too late for the crops, but we thank God anyway!

8. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Our side of OKC, got 6 inches of rain, and we lost our elect. for 2 1/2 days. Jan and i have been living in the motor home. I'm glad it didn't sell last week, this old house got pretty hot.

9. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    , Thats too bad Phil, will keep my fingers crossed that it does not get any worse!
    Tom, sorry to hear about your electricity situation. Hope you get electricity soon buddy; take care.

Jaime

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dag Nabbit Phil, why you gotta keep all that rain on OK. ? Send us a lil bit out West .:embarassed:

11. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Richard, i ain't lying when i tell you i wish you could have some of it:big_smile:

12. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'm sorry for you, I wouldn't trade. We haven't had six inches of rain all year, I don't think. I've been trying to keep the yard watered but it is still dying. The city's water supply is drying up and they are talking about water rationing here. My cousin in Texas is really catching it. He emptied his pool to clean it, the rains came and floated it out of the ground!

13. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Id gladly take a few inches off your hands. I even forgot what rain smells like lately. All weve been getting is heat record after heat record, Im ready for winter.

14. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    We got a pretty good rain in Northeastern OK. Sunday night, but wasn't nothing like you guys got around the City?

I'm ready for it to cool down a bit, but I'm not ready for winter, I don't like that cold stuff?

Ken

15. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey Phil,
    Send some of that rain to Southern Illinois. It is so dry here that last week I caught a catfish ....... dang thing had ticks. This week I found ticks and chiggers on another one!