Rain helping the fishing

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by vclifford28, Aug 20, 2008.

1. vclifford28

vclifford28 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm a new guy here,but I have a question to those who fish the austin area.Have you guys been fishing since the rain? I've gone a ton before and have not caught more than 1 or 2 at a time and they were really small! Been fishing Lake Belton Marina and the San Gaberiel River,both no luck!

2. Marcos

Marcos New Member

State:
    Texas
    Welcome to the BOC Vincent! I am in San Antonio not far from you. I have not fished either of those two places but I am sure someone else here has give them a day and you should be able to get some good advice on those locations.

3. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    Welcome to the BOC,

Haven't fished those two bodies of water yet but heres what I've heard; After the rain and sometimes during more food is put into the water, fishing is susposed to be better b/c the fish are eating and are more active(or so I've been told). I would imagine the rain falling in the water also puts more oxygen in the water too kinnda like a little pump in a fish tank. Water entering a lake from a creek or ditch or drain pipe might be productive too. Here in the SA area we have two lakes Braunig and Calaveras, After the rain you can see these folks fishing by one of the little creeks entering the lake, the water is all churned up like pouring chocolate milk into the lake. Never fells to see four or five boats in the area. They say bugs, worms and anything else that can be washed down can become food.
    I'm still learning so I hope this helps

Rubes

4. vclifford28

vclifford28 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I appreciate all the info. I have been fishing for a long time (crappie, whites and hybrides) Was a member of Central Texas Bass hunters club back in the early 90's. however, relatively new to catfishing.I would usually catch catfish while fishing for crappie ( on accident) now that is my primary goal I can't seem to catch any! I don't have boat so I'm land locked right now and all the bank spots I know of are fished out! I even tried the local fishing marinas, you all probobly know how that went.Any advise?

5. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Welcome to the board Vincent. :0a25:

I fished Buchannan once and did ok from the boat... that's about all I've fished in your general direction... surely someone else around there will chime in.