Rain = Good Fishing

Discussion in 'IOWA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by kkyyoottee, Aug 29, 2007.

1. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    The rain has cooled the waters and the fish are biting and moving. We have caught several cats on the lake and seen some good cats coming out of river!! Now is time for hitting the banks!!:big_smile:

2. Longjohn119

Longjohn119 Well-Known Member

State:
    Iowa
    I got 9 last night on a slough on the Mississippi, 7 on pole and two on limblines ...

A couple of buddies of mine went Saturday to a slough down by Muscatine to catch bluegill and crappie and caught 21 cats between them on bobbers and crappie minnows ... said they only caught a couple of gills and no crappie they went for but had a blast catching a bunch of 2-3 pounders on bobbers

We're going back there this weekend and camp on the dike, the spot we usually camp will be out of the water by then but probably a mess ... we fish for bluegills during the day and use the small one to run lines at night, Sunday is looking good with a projected south wind and the water level about the same as it was when we were there Memorial Day weekend '06 .... I hope so because I caught 2 50+ pound stringers that weekend and a mess of bluegills

And next weekend I expect it to really pick up when the water levels stabilize, and clear up