Rain=Fish

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by cross_their_eyes, Aug 15, 2005.

1. cross_their_eyes

cross_their_eyes New Member

State:
    Show Me State
    We'll it looks as if we have a little water now. I hope this turns em' on a bit!

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    :thumbsup: Got rain here for the last 2 days.Finally, allmost forgot what is was.They have been getting a little more around stockton it looks like. Plan on running some jugs and poles on the upper osage and sac this week.Hope the rain turns on the big ones.

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Hey Bill. Did you have any luck finding the shad? I've been getting them on the sand banks behind the rock walls. I use the boat to (Herd Them) into shallower water and throw the net. It works best if you have two guys so one guy can drive and the other pitch the net. Tell your boat operator to hug the six foot depth line on your sonar so you'll be throwing to water less deep. The shad dont have much water to escape the net that way. Good Luck Fishing.

4. cross_their_eyes

State:
    Show Me State
    John,

I haven't been out since last thursday but I'll try it this week. Rock wall = dikes? Or is this something different? Hey, whatchadoing hurt'n yourself? What happened? Big fish pull you in?

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Yeah, I meant wing dykes. I call them rock walls. I jumped out of the boat to get my anchor unstuck on the wall and one of the rocks slipped. I took a pretty nasty chunk out of my shin. I could see my tibia quite nicely. Bones really are White. HaHa. I have learned a lesson in all of this. Dont wear flip flops on the walls, and if you cut yourself, Kutter recommends dripping all of the blood overboard for chum. :rolleyes: I dont know how many stitches I received, I got bored with counting them and took a nap. Oh well.

6. cross_their_eyes

State:
    Show Me State
    Yep, those rock are pretty loose on the dykes. Slipped a few times myself. You should have found that "chunk" and froze it for cutbait :) Accually, that's a pretty discusting thought...

Hope you heal soon. Get back out there and put the whoop to some big'ns.

7. Dave53

Dave53 New Member

State:
    Lonedell M
    Bill, are you going out this weekend? Depending on the weather..I dont mind rain but I sure as hell will not be on the water if the word lightening is muttered during the weather forecast...If it looks like I might get to go I plan on going on the Merimac to get some shad and shinners. I have two bags froze if all else fails.. :happ-big: dont you just love these new smilies??

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Thanks Bill. I'll be out there next week. Good Luck if you go this week.

9. cross_their_eyes

State:
    Show Me State
    Dave, I love those new smilies, especially this one :evil-big:

They are talking about a chance of storms Sat. night....cool Sunday. I may just use gill heads and do some drift fishing. Watch out for submerged logs...rivers com'n 3 1/2 feet by the weekend. There will be some trash out there.

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Hey Dave and Bill, Will you guys be able to join us for a miniture BOC get together first week of September if we have it? Kutter and a handful of others are going to try and make it. It would be nice to mee everybody. :evil-big:

11. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Where are you guys planning on haveing it?

12. cross_their_eyes

State:
    Show Me State
    So far, my wife doesn't have anything planned for that weekend but, my sons playing high school football and my daughter plays soccer. So, I don't know yet. If anyone ever goes to the Bass Pro in St. Charles, my oldest son pretty much runs the archery department. Stick your head in and tell Tony to keep at it. He's been working hard for big cats this year but he hasn't reeled in anything large yet. Encourage him to keep on trying. He would love to hear from you all.

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    We are planning on having it on the Mississippi River near the Rush Island Power Plant. There is a place to put the boats in there. Look for more details tomorrow as I'm trying to work things out with Kutter. He can give everyone directions to the boat ramp also. More details to follow.

14. Dave53

Dave53 New Member

State:
    Lonedell M
    A mini gathering sounds great..a few days heads up I should be able to go. Most likely I will need the extra few days to get a loan for gas! :cursing: