RAIN finally ! AUG 27,08 OH river report

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Desode, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Desode

Desode New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well, I have been praying for it and finally we are getting some rain. I was starting to wonder if we were ever going to get a nice soaking day of rain. I honestly can't remember how long it has been. Yeah we have had some short thunder storms but that still ain't cutting it. I was very glad to see the rain this morning and I was at the river fishing in under a hour from opening my eyes. It was however a wet slow day. I caught 2 little smallies on roostertails, and 4 channel cat on big shiners and had a bunch of really soft bites today. I had only one nice run but I didn't get him in time because I was rebaiting my other rod ! :angry: Man I hate when that happens. I swear I find myself so paranoid about taking my eyes off of them for even a second, yet everytime I do, when I look back its happening again.:crazy: Something tells me that if I ever have kids they are going to be just like this ! :smile2:
    Well, I had fun and got soaked but I'm very glad to see the rain is here.
    Only one fish was worthy of a picture today and that was this pretty 24 inch channel cat, I caught him on my small rod so he was a lot of fun. Thanks for your time and consideration and best of LUCK !
    Sincerely, Matt AKA DESODE

Attached Files:

2. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know what you mean. I can sit for hours and nothing happens, as soon as I go start taking a leak the clicker starts going...always!:smile2:

3. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    yep..matt, sounds like you need to invest in a baitcaster with a clicker!

4. bettadaze

bettadaze New Member

State:
    Burlington,NC
    What shape is the river in? We're flooded here in NC. Got about 6" of rain in two days. But I'm heading back to OHIO tomorrow.:smile2: Can't wait to catch some catfish.

5. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    Hey fellow members glad to hear yall got some rain we have been lucky this year and had alot of rain but the river i fish has a sand bottom and when the water comes up shifts the sand like no other long story short there is a little sand bar that has been shifting around and wouldnt ya know it the dang thing shifted right by my hole so hopeing it has shifted further down so i can hit my hole easier will find out tommaro night.

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Think I am going out an see if the rain did the river any good. Hope its at a good level an somewhat clear.