Rail type rod holders

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Johny, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Johny

Johny New Member

State:
    nc
    need some rail type rod holders got any?

2. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    welocme to the boc --look in the library section there are plenty of ideas in there to make your own or you can check out monster rod holders they are a sponsor on here

3. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    :smile2: seen too many get bent..........just make sure you pick a good quality one......oh yeah....welcom to the boc!:wink:

4. Johny

Johny New Member

State:
    nc
    thanks my problem is I have a 18 foot triumph 1700 skiff and dont really want to put holes in the boat help mee ha-ha anyone seen this boat tell me what you think dont be afraid i can take good or bad thanks for all the welcome to boc great info and people here love it

5. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    johnny........i work at a machine shop.....may be another option to rod holders without drilling holes........:smile2:......shine i can fish 30 lines and never drilled the 1st.............

6. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    I seen a boat with realy big C claps, clap to the side of the boat with a 2'' steel channel welded to the top of the 2 C claps. The rod holders were bolted to the steel channel . No holes in his boat!

7. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    I tried to make a set of clamp ons but aftter getting them made an clamped on boat i tried it with rods in the yard .There was no way i would try fishing it ,to much movement , an it was clamped with 3 clamps on both sides :wink: Needless to say there are holes in the gunales of my boat now :wink:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  8. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    im with dickie on that one.........:smile2:....i dont believe in the clamp ons.........but still......mines not clamped or welded nor did i drill holes..........bet you cant pull them off!:wink: