Raging Missouri River

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by whiskers9512, May 7, 2007.

1. whiskers9512

whiskers9512 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Did anybody check out the rivers today they are flooding everywhere? What will this do to the fishing after it goes down ... Does anybody have good luck fishing in flood water?

2. RivrLivn

RivrLivn Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yeah,
    I have been watching it close.
    At Jefferson City we are suppose to be at 34.1 ft by 7am Satrurday. This is almost 2ft over the 1995 level.
    I built my house on the Osage river in 2003, so I guess I'll get to see how much of my backyard gets under water from the Missouri river back water.
    I don't think water will get in my house (FEMA made me build it high) but I may have to use a boat to get back and forth from the hwy to my house.

I may just have to fish from my back patio.

I'm going to keep a photo journal of what the water does.
    Should be interesting.

3. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    I drive over the Missouri River quite often up here in Omaha. Yesterday afternoon, there was alot of trash and debris going downstream, and fast. It also looked like it was going to spill out of her banks in a few spots. I know if its bad here, its only gonna be worse the further south it goes.

4. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It is pretty nasty here is St. Joe!

5. ozzyso44

ozzyso44 New Member

State:
    Smithville, Missouri
    Bank to Bank in downtown Smithville.

6. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Checked Her at Hawthorn park in Bellevue Nebr.last night,and again today on this side(Iowa) Manawa State Park Ramp,And I can Tell Ya This Fellas!!!! Man are We Sending You Folk's Some Lumber down stream WHOLE TREES 80/100Ft. Long.The Old Muddy Mo. is running Bank to Bank. Hay Leroy You Ain't going to believe this One. Swamp City. J.D.
    :eek:h: :ah: :0a20:

7. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Yea ,i have been checking things out ,anyone want to do some night fishing tonight ,i bet we can catch something ,most likely a tree

8. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    If you happen to catch an old car, please pm me. I need a project while the waters receed here.:tounge_out:

9. Jnorman

Jnorman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The river here at Parkville came out of her banks about four this afternoon and it's still supposed to rise another six or seven feet by wednesday. They are closing the flood gates tomorrow morning in riverside.

10. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    That is so crazy. It looked swift here in St Louis today, but not over the banks. Maybe the crest is still comming this way. Lots of wood in the water, but the river was below the vegitation line.

CP