rage broadheads

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by nycathunter, Jul 21, 2008.

1. nycathunter

nycathunter New Member

State:
    New York?
    i was thinking about trying the rage 2 blade this year ive heard good an bad things about them an would like to hear if anyone has tryed them how they performed? ive been using magnus stingers for the past two years they work great but dont leave much of a blood trail any info is helpfull thanks

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I shot magnus for years(same as ted nuggent) then went to bear 2 blade. If they are tuned they fly as good as anything and if ya get a good hit, i have no complaints. Sorry i never shot the rage.

3. mrowe84

mrowe84 New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    I shot one with the rage 2-blade last year. Blood was pouring from the entry hole before the fletchings were even in. It left a blood trail you could follow at a steady walk. I'm sold on them.

4. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I switched to the rage 2 blade this year. Cant wait till sept.

5. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    I used both the 2 and 3 blade rage last year and liked them both.I shot 2 deer with the 3 blade and was happy for the most part,the only thing i didn't like was it seemed like they bleed out to fast and didn't leave a good blood trail after about 40 yards or so, but both deer wern't much further than where the blood stoped. they do put one heluva hole though it looked like i shot them with my 300 mag:crazy:.Didn't get any deer with the 2 blade but shot a turkey and it didn't go very far before it retired.:0a26:

6. nycathunter

nycathunter New Member

State:
    New York?
    :eek:oooh: a whole like a 300 ... yep def gonna give them a try this year cant wait till fall either. hopefully get some good video this year as well. thanks for the replys so far..

7. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    I shoot the 3 blade. Have for two years now. Last year the guy at the locker where I took the deer asked me if if was a shotgun or bow kill. The deer was laying so that the entry hole was visible. An amazing broadhead!

8. BigMike42420

BigMike42420 New Member

State:
    Henderson Kentucky
    muzzy, bad to the bone for me!

9. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I took deer with Rages and Muzzy 3 blade heads last year and I'm stuck on the Rages. Each broadhead killed the deer I shot, but the Rages definitely open a deer up and leave a great blood trail.

I know this if off topic, but off all the heads I've ever seen blood trails from, the Rocket Miniblaster's have left the best. My first deer ever was taken with one of these and I did not even pass through it, not enough kinetic energy, but it blood like crazy. Dad took a doe a few years ago with one of our leftover Miniblasters late in the year and it looked like you took a 5 gallon bucket of blood and poured it out all the way until the place she died, which was about 40 yards up the woods. The only drawback I have with the heads is that they are 75 grains instead of 100. My front of center is perfect with a 100 gr head so that's why I stopped using the Miniblasters.

Anyhow, I'll have the Rages in my quiver again this year.

10. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    First I want to say that they fly great and they do make one heck of a hole that has no choice but to bleed. But I do have some complaints. The O-ring that holds the blades in place get weak and cracked VERY fast. I found that a little olive oil ir cooking spray will make it last longer but check it EVERYTIME you knock one up. Ive had a blade open up in flight and it aint pretty. Also its the $. I know all BH's are expensive now a days and Im OK with that. But Ive shot 4 deer and my partner shot 2 and the screws wouldnt come out to replace the blades on any of them. To me that makes them a one shot Broadhead and I cant afford that. If it was not for that Id still be shootin them , but I went back to fixed blades.

11. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I forgot to mention what the man above stated about how they are "one shot" broadhead. Everybody I've talked too was not able to get the allen screws loose enough to replace the blades. Maybe they will fix this issue in future designs, but if you like to re-use broadheads, you might want to check in to something else. :confused2:

12. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    i personally have no complaints about them,i know a guy who has killed 5 deer with the same rage broadhead and it still works fine,might be a lil nicked up but is still killing deer.Claims none of them went over 50 yards from where he shot them.i shot 3 turkey with 1 rage 2 blade but only found 2 of the turkey or i wouldnt of had to shoot a third,anyways still works fine but i did have to replace the o-ring after the second time

13. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    i really like the crimson talons

14. seokfisherman

seokfisherman Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have killed several deer easing slowly through the woods especially during the rut when deer can run on top of you at anytime. The problem I had with the Rage was that it seemed like I was always having the blades come open. I got tired of constantly having to look at my broadhead to make sure it was closed. They just didn't fit my style of hunting.

15. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've been shooting Bear two blade heads for years and have no problem with them. I haven't tried Rage heads yet but I believe any well built two blade head would do just fine as long as it is kept sharp. I've killed deer, bobcats, wild boar, turkey, fox, and ground hogs with them.

16. bowhunter66064

bowhunter66064 New Member

State:
    ks
    love the rage was a diehard muzzy fan but would not go back if they were free

17. switchback

switchback New Member

State:
    Illinois
    well guys im sold i have to try them now too, like many others im a true blue muzzy fan and always will be but i think ill shoot some rage heads and try em out

18. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    You just can't beat muzzys. For the price and the toughness. but, Besides the fact that rage broadheads are $40 for 3:crazy::eek:oooh: I think that I would like to try them this year. They seem to be the real deal

19. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    great on turkeys, my buddy used them last year for turkeys and 2 of the 3 birds he shot were dead on the spot cuz the hole was so massive.. idk if id use them on anything bigger than a deer cuz he said the blades werent as durable as most but he said they really pack a punch